Lieutenant
# 1 Which "rewards" Can I Chuck?
07-16-2012, 11:03 AM
I know contraband and some kind of leaves are valuable rewards from completing DOFF assignments, but my inventory is filling up with all kinds of questionable stuff

Methogenic Particles?
Encoded Data?
Unknown Alloy?

Are all of these useful for something or can some of these be safely chucked?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-16-2012, 11:11 AM
for crafting those items
Captain
# 3
07-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Mail your excess gear to yourself. Free's up bank space and you can retrieve the gear later.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 4
07-21-2012, 01:56 PM
And if you really don't want to keep them, they sell well on the Exchange. Don't just throw them away--sell them or give them to somebody who wants them.
Captain
# 5
07-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Mail your excess gear to yourself.
Or a "mule" account.
# 6
07-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
Or a "mule" account.
"Mule" account would be better. Seems like every update someone here is complaining about losing their items when they have them stored in mail.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 7
07-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boorman73 View Post
Methogenic Particles?
Encoded Data?
Unknown Alloy?

Are all of these useful for something or can some of these be safely chucked?
These 3 are crafting materials aka data samples. They are useful for fleet construction and the (highly busted) crafting system.

There are 18 data samples that look like those, there are 3 different icons and 6 different bottoms... You also get "traces", which are "rare" data samples that will go into certain fleet constructions, crafting, and certain DOff missions (the convert strange alien artifact into powered alien artifact will need 1 each of the set's 10 traces)...

DOff missions can also get you (and spend) a lot of the "commodities", warp cores, shield generators, etc...

What you want to do with those is up to you...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...