Ensign
# 1 MinMax for TActical Odyssee
07-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Hi Guys,

i'm not entirely sure, how to skill for a good beam/torpedo (antiproton & quantum) build for a tactical Oddy..

Can anyone give me a build, that has a good balance between Dealing DAmage and resistance?

On ground, I'd like to focus on ranged combat.
Captain
# 2
07-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Try this:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...axOdysseyTac_0

This is similar to what I use, although I eased off on the points I put in power in space and put them more into direct offense/defense.

Also, it assumes you've got Conn DOffs that can drop your Tactical Team cooldown sufficiently that you can cycle it constantly with only one copy of it, freeing up an ensign tac slot for torp spread 1.

Note - I am not a stellar player by any means, and personally I would be reluctant to use this build because I tend to be a lot more balanced. I also under-invested a bit in ground skills, but I left a few points over for customization. You may want to strengthen the shields for ground combat, tighten up willpower, or for space bulk up your aux power.

Note also that in order to use EPtS and EPtW to their fullest effect, you will need to adjust your power sliders such that you maximize both of them. Drop weapons and put the energy directly into shields. You will probably want it so that weapon power is close to (if not at) 125 with bonuses and EPtW activated, with EPtS getting everything else.

If you want to trim something off for some extra points I would suggest dropping projectile weapons down several levels, and shave off the last three levels of Shield Efficiency and Weapon Efficiency (those skill points only give you about an additional +1.6 power points anyway).

You may also want to put a few more points in Subsystem Repair. Getting shields back up under a heavy phaser barrage can mean the difference between victory and defeat.