Empire Veteran
# 721
07-18-2012, 10:18 PM
To be honest. My fed toon has more than 7000 points of accolade and ran more than 400 STF. My ship according my mood is full antiproton or full phaser. And there is still players call me noob.
As klingon. Unfortunatelly I have not much point of accolades (only 4860, something like this) and I ran more than 300 STF. Because I'm running only fleet events and STF I don't think I would get more accolades.
As klingon or Federation I don't fail much STF. I'm not leaver, I'm not afker, I'm not griefer, I'm polite, so I teach player when they are nice and they need getting knowledge.
So then there is still players call me noob. And some gave me order to deinstall the game.
I really would like to know what the selection criteria to call someone noob.
Come back the topic.
Yesterday. CSE with PUG because people on eliteSTF channel don't want running CSE with me. They say I have not prerequisites.
We start. No one said something. Nothing!
As usually I went to the right. With a fed player we started kill nanite. I got killed by a raptor. We I respawn I checked the kang and noticed there was only one guy to protect the kang. I thought. Wow... Strange. I went on the right. 3 Bops. I fought with them. Finally because the guy was alone I stayed with him to protect the Kang. I'm sci. I healed the kang as possible until I was one shoot by raptor blow up. That's crazy. Blow up raptor can kill you but when you blow up you don't kill anything. Again an unfair cryptic rule.
When I respawn I noticed. One left. F*:c:*:ing leaver! And for 10 minutes the guy and me, we fought to save the Kang. After a while. One player killed a cube. But the third cube has still its nanites. Negh'var went. There was a flood of BOP I died and the STF failed total. We played for 15 or 20 minutes. No one talked in the chat! They got autistic behaviour and they ruined the STF.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Ensign
I never got an account verification email and I cannot even play the game to have a bad experience in game. Basically a screwup from someone at cryptic prevented me from spending money and playing. Oh and I didn't get any help from support either. kudos to cryptic on your own incompetence!
Commander
# 723
07-19-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultleaderxx View Post
I never got an account verification email and I cannot even play the game to have a bad experience in game. Basically a screwup from someone at cryptic prevented me from spending money and playing. Oh and I didn't get any help from support either. kudos to cryptic on your own incompetence!
Remember, its 'PW' or 'PWE'. Cryptic doesn't really exist anymore.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Starfleet Veteran
# 724 Nothing TOO bad...
07-22-2012, 11:22 AM
There I Was...

I did a series of STF's over the last few days, nothing really bad happened except for one in which two PuGGers did nothing but fight and accuse each other...

Of probably 15 or 20 STF's that was the only one which contained ANY real communications.

As usual, I said 'HI' at the beginning, or '10% rule.' All but one with no responce at all.

It's usually a 'why bother' to say 10% rule because there's always someone who hasn't made it to the % section of the middle school math book yet or just ignored the math book all together.

There were at least three rainbow technicolor beam boats and/or at least one skittle boat in each instance.

And in about 1/2 the battles there was one or two who sat 30k or more off in the distance clicking need on everything that came up. No biggy, we're all used to the farmers.

On the way out I say 'GG' or 'Good Job' whether I really though it was good or not. Of all the battles I got about 5 or so responces. Mostly positive, one or two commenting about everyone being noobes.

No biggy. I wish I had a bad one to post but these were all wins with mostly lost optionals.

Like I say No Biggy....
Captain
# 725
07-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Today, I went in to a PUG for CSN.

This is my group:One AFK, one tac in a Galaxy, one tac in a tac odyssey, one tac in a defiant.

I said hi to see if anyone is paying attention: no.

The Tac Galaxy went to the Kang, the Tac defiant went to the middle, and the tac odyssey went with me to the right. I called for the tac defiant to come help us, no answer. After awhile, I noticed there was a lot of mobs at the Kang. The Tac Odyssey blew up three times before he must have said screw it and went to help the Kang. Where this person blew up an additional three times. I finished off the cube, but got one shotted by a raptor.

I respawned and went to the Kang, which was done to 27% and swarming with BOPs and raptors. The Tac defiant was oblivious and destroyed the middle cube, which brought the Negh'vars. After destroying five ships successfully, to the protectors one, the Kang exploded.

All I got from the Tac Galaxy was I needed help, and I replied if you cannot destroy a pair of BOPs, you need to look at your config again. He told me that I was a noob. Ignored that person. That was the worst Cure experience I ever had.
Commander
# 726
07-22-2012, 12:12 PM
One moment guys- I just realized something. This thread is over 700 posts long, has been around since the F2P transition, and is a thread about bad experiences. It also has no deb posts. If I owned a game, and the longest running discussion about my game was about haveing a bad experience, id be a little worried, and I would take action. Anyone else think its weird that there are no dev posts in this thread?
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Starfleet Veteran
# 727 Hi
07-22-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm the one that started it. It's not all that old really. Most of it is just humerous, some of the people who post are upset and a lot of it may be BS.

But a lot of people read it even though it might take days to finish.

Many go away laughing, many respond while laughing, some take it serious and change their technicolor rainbow beams to something realistic.

There's a lot of helpful information in here too.

Look for me in the STF's..

Jake81499 or Dakota 1954 (Still Leveling)
Captain
# 728
07-22-2012, 12:45 PM
For me, what makes me think that they are a new STF player or one that is relatively new, is I look at their buff and ability usage. If they only use one or two, or even zero, then I know that this person is new and they dont know their ship very well.
Commander
# 729
07-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
I'm the one that started it. It's not all that old really. Most of it is just humerous, some of the people who post are upset and a lot of it may be BS.

But a lot of people read it even though it might take days to finish.

Many go away laughing, many respond while laughing, some take it serious and change their technicolor rainbow beams to something realistic.

There's a lot of helpful information in here too.

Look for me in the STF's..

Jake81499 or Dakota 1954 (Still Leveling)
Will do- my fed is the same username as my account/display name, and my klink is agent lynch. Both are great tanks- the klink is still lvling, but I hope to make lvl 50 on my klink by Friday.
Commander
# 730
07-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
For me, what makes me think that they are a new STF player or one that is relatively new, is I look at their buff and ability usage. If they only use one or two, or even zero, then I know that this person is new and they dont know their ship very well.
Yep. If I see a player who has, at any point in combat, no buffs, I smell noob. I can keep 1-3 abilities active at once, not counting innate stuff. Also, anyone using 1 or more doff stst boosts is a good sign in terms of competantcy