Ensign
# 1 The Mail Inbox Needs...
07-13-2012, 05:26 AM
a way to select and then delete multiple messages.

I sell almost everything i loot on the exchange and have a tone of messages to delete ever time i log on.
Captain
# 2
07-13-2012, 05:37 AM
Been asked for many many times previously. There was a work around on the old forums but not one yet for these ones. The devs have it on their list to see if they can bring something back.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 3
07-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinthebox View Post
a way to select and then delete multiple messages.

I sell almost everything i loot on the exchange and have a tone of messages to delete ever time i log on.
Absolutely! Amen.

+1 from me.

And it seems sometimes I can't delete exchange expired e-mails where I've looked at it AND taken the item, of late... Weird. It doesn't disappear, or else it doesn't disappear until you close out and re-open the window?

Also, I've been getting error messages when sending e-mails to other 'toons on my account after the PWE account merge.

Since my in-game name with PWE is different than my old account was. It tells me "couldn't find that username." But then it sends the e-mail anyway and the other toon still gets the mail. Thankfully! Since I attached DOFFs. I'd hate to lose them! At one point it even went as far as to not let me even send the mail because of the error, though it eventually did later, with proper delivery still...

~MG
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-16-2012, 09:49 PM
While they're at it, a way to unsend mail would be nice, too. Someone just got a bunch of free crap--thankfully, it was just tholian boxes.
Captain
# 5
07-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesica View Post
While they're at it, a way to unsend mail would be nice, too. Someone just got a bunch of free crap--thankfully, it was just tholian boxes.
You didn;t take that "spam the devs with lockboxes" discussion seriously, did you?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Ensign
# 6
07-23-2012, 10:39 AM
"Sale expired" in-game mails cannot be deleted and are for some reason sorted on the beginning of the inbox no matter the time. As far as I checked I'm not the only one with that problem.
Career Officer
# 7
07-23-2012, 10:44 AM
There was indeed a multiple delete option back before the PWE forum upgrade designed "to give players a more streamlined experience"

Since the new, "more streamlined" version no longer allows us to see/read STO ingame mail via the web in any way whatsoever - it would be nice if they added that functionality to the actual STO game client (or BRING BACK the ability to write/view/delete STO in-game mail from the STO website.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."