Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Uniform-options for NPCs
07-17-2012, 05:34 AM
Hey there

I'd like to have the option to change the uniforms worn by NPCs on your ship or fleet-base. At the moment they use an uniform, which is normally different to the player-ones. It would look much better, if you could assign different uniforms to them to get standard uniforms for one ship, e.g. you have an Antares-1-uniform, you are able to get your NPCs use that, too.

How should it work?
For your ship you could give the tailors that function with a different button. Then you get into a window similar to that where you can change your uniform.
You get a list of needed uniforms (such as Security, Operations, Medical; I'm quite sure you have different classes for the crew-members) and can customize them the same way as your uniform. The rest of the options (head-design; body-design) is locked, it'll be assigned at random, like it is now. As for the C-Store-uniforms, they could be locked until you buy them for your character. So every bought uniform for the character is also avaiable for the NPCs.

For the fleet-base it has to go a bit different. You still have those classes, but have to assign fleet-uniforms already made in the fleet-window. This way (afaik), the C-Store-uniforms are not able to get into the Fleet-base. You could get a new item in the C-Store allowing the use of C-Store uniforms in the Fleet-base.

I hope, i have explained the idea understandable, I'm not a native english speaker.
Please don't post "this is completely unnecessary", because it is not. It may be low priority, but for a RPer it's better to have similar uniforms than completely different.
Greetings
Silverman
Captain
# 2
07-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Been asked for many times for shipboard NPCs. I doubt we'll ever see them
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 3
07-17-2012, 06:07 AM
In Design Discussions

That's cryptic-ese for "Please stop asking."
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None
Captain
# 4
07-17-2012, 06:43 AM
edit: Never mind. if Cryptic is OK with bigotry, so be it.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 5
07-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsilvermanx View Post

How should it work?
For your ship you could give the tailors that function with a different button. Then you get into a window similar to that where you can change your uniform.
You get a list of needed uniforms (such as Security, Operations, Medical; I'm quite sure you have different classes for the crew-members) and can customize them the same way as your uniform. The rest of the options (head-design; body-design) is locked, it'll be assigned at random, like it is now. As for the C-Store-uniforms, they could be locked until you buy them for your character. So every bought uniform for the character is also avaiable for the NPCs.

For the fleet-base it has to go a bit different. You still have those classes, but have to assign fleet-uniforms already made in the fleet-window. This way (afaik), the C-Store-uniforms are not able to get into the Fleet-base. You could get a new item in the C-Store allowing the use of C-Store uniforms in the Fleet-base.
I can not see the Button....
You have a Picture from the Options ?

Greetins

Wolfgang