Ensign
Greetings!

I've just come back after being gone awhile and obviously have some new things to learn. However, I know enough to have come up with a good way to get some roleplay out of this game.

I was a longtime rper on SWG and ran a successful ship crew rp guild. I have on idea on how to make that work here (while still allowing our characters to command their own ships).

I just want to find some rpers out there who are looking for some rp maybe beyond the rp fleets and talking in the bars.

If you're interested, let me know how to contact you in game. Hope to meet a lot more of you out there along the way and connect with whatever you have going on.

Thanks!
Career Officer
# 2
07-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Trust Fleet has already accomplished this.

might want to check us out and look at our on going story arcs. why reinvent the wheel when there is already a buggy to ride in.

stotrust.shivtr.com

Take care
The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

Captain
# 3
07-22-2012, 08:53 PM
I would like to assist the OP in founding a new sort of RP guild - one that is structed based not on pen and paper interactions (and definitely NOT talking at bars), but rather bring back that epic feel of Science Fiction as we know it from books and videos we have enjoyed in the past.

In particular what I have been doing since Feb 2012 is a "Rogue Squadron" type RP that is focused on combat operations and starship development projects. I like "engineering reports" and also using tactics and strategies from a variety of SF franchises to write my own fanfics.

The reaction from 'established' RP guilds to my experience has been rather hostile - so I started my own guild based around this concept: that RP should be focused, aid immersion, and definitely involve detailing the STO universe from the eyes of a starship's crew and officers. It aids immersion tremendously, and can also help greatly with new players discovering the "Star Trek" part of STO by virtue of a TNG canon-based approach to probelm solving. In my opinion the fact that it works, is accessible to newbies, and highly effective, motivates me to develop a paramilitary-styled RP format based on Colonial Navy operations.

Handle is @carmenara and I'm active EST mornings, and 24/7 on weekends.

Ps. This is not a fleet recruitment post and is purely geared to supporting OP's interest in forming new RP links in STO.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Ensign
# 4
07-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrayvenwing View Post
Trust Fleet has already accomplished this.

might want to check us out and look at our on going story arcs. why reinvent the wheel when there is already a buggy to ride in.

stotrust.shivtr.com

Take care
I'd like to find out more. How to I contact you?
Career Officer
# 5
07-23-2012, 09:09 AM
You can contact us by either going to the website

Stotrust.shivtr.com

Or email in game to

@deffdog (fleet leader)
@rayvenwing (me)
@kineticimpulser

Definitely check out the website. You can read up on the current story arc called Yorktown. And the previous arc called family feud.

I think You might he impressed when you see how we have integrated the foundry into our stories.

It kicked butt rping a space battle on a starship bridge and have explosions go off as the GM triggers them based on the story.

Any way come visit us. I wont be back in game till Thursday afternoon. If you contact deffdog or kineticimpulser tell I sent ya 8)
The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

Captain
# 6 "Message in a bottle"
07-23-2012, 12:57 PM
If any of you are ever in need of a cutting edge trailer creating a backdrop, or perhaps a strategy element to add depth to your storyarcs, check this out.

PM if ever interested. (@drkfrontiers)