Ensign
# 1 Tholian Recluse Vs Karfi!
07-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Greetings,

I was hoping somone who runs a Tac Karfi and has a recluse could give me some advice on whether its worth purchasing or not.

I understand the main differences, but was hoping if somone could let me know if the recluse has any real PVP advantages over my beloved karfi, Sensor analysis, subsystem targeting, better shield hp, seems to be the only advantage...but only 6 weps, and 2 tac slots seems a little weak.

HELP!

Yours truly,

Moremoneythanbrains.
Republic Veteran
# 2
07-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampulsar View Post
Greetings,

I was hoping somone who runs a Tac Karfi and has a recluse could give me some advice on whether its worth purchasing or not.

I understand the main differences, but was hoping if somone could let me know if the recluse has any real PVP advantages over my beloved karfi, Sensor analysis, subsystem targeting, better shield hp, seems to be the only advantage...but only 6 weps, and 2 tac slots seems a little weak.

HELP!

Yours truly,

Moremoneythanbrains.
Not even the likes of the Vo'quv and Atrox have sensor analysis. A ship like the Recluse I imagine might be built better more as a tank...not really meant to bring a lot of pain with its own guns. Meant more to support its fighters/friends...especially when you take a look at that console it gets.
Career Officer
# 3
07-21-2012, 08:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCW7qxenWt4&feature=plcp

LtCmdr Engineer and Science means you can be strong in survival and healing if you wish. And then there is still the uni Cmdr slot.

Anywho's thats just a look at the ships basics maybe give you a better idea before shopping.
Captain
# 4
07-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post

LtCmdr Engineer and Science means you can be strong in survival and healing if you wish. And then there is still the uni Cmdr slot.

Anywho's thats just a look at the ships basics maybe give you a better idea before shopping.
Thanks again for this Thissler. Informative and enticing, just like I LIKE it baby!
Career Officer
# 5
07-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the thread.

I was thinking the same question. I love the Kar'Fi as a Tac Captain. The Tholian carrier, while impressive in many ways, seems better suited for a Sci/Eng Captain.

I do like the look of the Tholian carrier in the game. It's really sharp.

I'm still inclined to keep the Kar'Fi and only consider the Tholian carrier for an alternate Science build. I feel the same way about the Orb Weaver, it's also a great science ship.
Career Officer
# 6
07-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaxx View Post
Thanks for the thread.

I was thinking the same question. I love the Kar'Fi as a Tac Captain. The Tholian carrier, while impressive in many ways, seems better suited for a Sci/Eng Captain.

I'm still inclined to keep the Kar'Fi and only consider the Tholian carrier for an alternate Science build. I feel the same way about the Orb Weaver, it's also a great science ship.

I see what you did there.......
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 7
07-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post

Missed something on the bridge. The video didn't look up.

It has major problems with the Borg set. The Deflector is about half the size of the entire ship.
Career Officer
# 8
07-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Okay you got me. My neck was sore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2tdZo4_0nc&feature=plcp

Here's a slightly better look at the bridge. But for those of you that don't actually have one, what you see on the floor is what you see two more times overhead. There is one large panel that looks like it may be some sort of port. Its rather large. And dark. And there you have it.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Lieutenant
# 9
07-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaxx View Post
Thanks for the thread.

I don't own a Kar'fi, but I own the Recluse and my tac captain pilots it. Personally I don't have any issues getting moderate to high dps output in PVP. Not to mention some wicked heals. The Tetryon Grid console is an extremely useful offensive ability (like some kind of death blossom beam overload).

Basically if you want to do some real damage with it then use it with a Tac. I think for Sci it would be really good at shield stripping, disables and support.
Dork - I.K.S. WeeBugger
Career Officer
# 10
07-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Does the Recluse benefit from a specific energy type in the tac console, such as tetryon?