Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 11
07-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post

You can now use this new very cool thing... to exploit the old bug and target cloaked ships....

It is pretty dumb.
Emphasis added. Bring that up in a better attended part of the forums or a podcast and some carebear will cry foul and it will get fixed.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Banned
# 12
07-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Who says this is a bug?

We all know cryptic wants nothing more than for the KDF to crawl in a hole and die.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
07-24-2012, 10:55 AM
I'll look into this one. Cloak is designed to clear targets against hostile enemies. It sounds like the Focus Target function may not be doing that.

Just so I'm clear, this gives Carriers specifically a bit advantage against Cloaking enemies, correct? Because even if you have a cloaked target in Focus yourself, you're not able to attack them are you? But as I'm hearing it, Carrier pets will still follow cloaked focus targets?

Just wanna make sure I have my facts straight.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Banned
# 14
07-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I'll look into this one. Cloak is designed to clear targets against hostile enemies. It sounds like the Focus Target function may not be doing that.

Just so I'm clear, this gives Carriers specifically a bit advantage against Cloaking enemies, correct? Because even if you have a cloaked target in Focus yourself, you're not able to attack them are you? But as I'm hearing it, Carrier pets will still follow cloaked focus targets?

I have not tested it myself yet, but from my understanding the pets follow you around once you have cloaked. You can also do this with the scorpion fighters. The scorpions, I do know still occasionally will take shots at you while you are cloaked but as far as the other pets I am uncertain.

Partly because anyone rolling FAW will pop me out of cloak anyway.
Rihannsu
# 15
07-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:

Any "Pet" classified Objects. Including Mines. Basically anything that you deploy that is allied to you but is not a player that can aquire a target. These objects can always see cloaked targets if they are locked on. This is ESPECIALLY bad on Mines when an enemy flys too close to them and triggers them, even if they don't detonate and the target avoids the mines.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
# 16
07-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:

huh this would explain people following me around after ive run and cloaked, it was eery. ya ive seen pets follow around battle cloakers too.

also FAW is once again decloaking people
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavairo View Post

We all know cryptic wants nothing more than for the KDF to crawl in a hole and die.
NEVER!!! THEY WILL HAVE TO KILL ME BEFORE I DIE!!
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Rihannsu
# 18
07-24-2012, 11:53 AM
that explains a lot
FYI last time i checked atox pets would see a target if it is within 1-2km of the pets, which seemed to be working as intended. If you select the fighter i could target its target, but loose it immediately again
F@W declaoking is back for sure
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Empire Veteran
# 19
07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Any "Pet" classified Objects. Including Mines. Basically anything that you deploy that is allied to you but is not a player that can aquire a target. These objects can always see cloaked targets if they are locked on. This is ESPECIALLY bad on Mines when an enemy flys too close to them and triggers them, even if they don't detonate and the target avoids the mines.
Running into a minefield shouldn't make you immune to explosions...
Captain
# 20
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Ah. Wasn't the pets following and targeting claoked vessel an old bugg that got fixed once before? Maybe it just resurfaced with this PIN thingy now in play?

Nah, a LOT of old bugs have resurfaced. I swear it's like someone just flicked a switch and reverted them. Even hazard emitters is broken again.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai