Banned
# 11
07-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Why isnt the EXCALIBUR in the fleet store???????????????

Last edited by philo5oraptor; 07-24-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Captain
# 12
07-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks for that its a nice read. Just three questions 1) the odyssey class still does not get a costume variant? 2) where the heck is our beloved sovereign refit/retrofit? 3) will the sovereign retrofit get a new costume? I guess this is a retrofit then a refit since from your terms it will be better than the original and is at a higher tier. This confusing with the other definitions for refit and retrofits.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
07-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo5oraptor View Post
Why isnt the EXALIBUR in the fleet store???????????????
CBS Studios doesn't want a T5 Connie in the game (this has been stated multiple times by multiple devs). While I do think the other variants would be great (I do like the Excalibur), it'd allow a T5 Connie into the game. Cryptic Studios could just remove the Connie variant -- but I think that'd just anger players even more since a lot of players do want the T5 Connie, and a Fleet Cruiser retrofit would just make things worse if it hit the game without a Connie skin.

That said, I would love a T5 Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter. More ship diversity = a good thing.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Banned
# 14
07-24-2012, 02:39 PM
The excalibur is NOT a connie so the issue with CBS has NOTHING to do with it.
Career Officer
# 15
07-24-2012, 02:40 PM
imho that list is way to short.

lots of opportunities missed

and KDF Tier 5 looks extremely uninteresting.

putting the Odyssey and Bortas at Tier 5 only makes it look more, but those are the same old ships we already got FOR FREE, those should be Tier 1 for the few players who missed the 2 day window and instead have some real meat at Tier 5!
Captain
# 16
07-24-2012, 02:41 PM
yeah its a 25th century look a-like connie, honestly don't not see the problem as it looks nothing like the original other then the basic shape design. You think they be happy here players want it and they can make some money everyone is happy.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
07-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Yes and No. The Excalibur is not a Connie. But it is a skin for the same exact ship the Connie is. I'm guessing from a coding perspective, they could unflag the Connie as a usable skin for a Fleet Cruiser Retrofit. To me, this is fair and reasonable.

But again, it probably has to do with Cryptic not wanting to anger players by shipping a Fleet Cruiser Retrofit without a Connie skin. More people want a T5 Connie than a T5 Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter. And they're all the same skins for the same exact ship.

Yes, the Connie skin probably has a great deal to do with it. And it's because players would riot even more than they already have been since game launch for a T5 Connie. A Fleet Cruiser Retrofit without a Connie skin is a slap in the face to the people who have clamored and begged for a T5 Connie.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
07-24-2012, 02:47 PM
I honestly have no intention of buying any of them. At least with C-Store ships they are account unlock (for now) for that price and if I delete one I can get it back. In addition, the C-store ships actually come with consoles where none of these do. To top it all off, it isn't just a straight C-Store Purchase, the price of these ships are actually higher (and the minor stat boost and 1 additional console slot don't nearly justify it for me). I have to agree with a comment on the Dev Blog itself in that this looks like just another lazy Cash Grab from the Cryptic/PWE team.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Just wish you guys would put an EC cap on fleet ship modules, that way us F2P/Former Gold players can actually afford to grind the EC to get them instead of throwing more money into the black hole than needed.
WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.
Empire Veteran
# 20
07-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
2) where the heck is our beloved sovereign refit/retrofit?
If people stopped to constantly ask for it i'm sure it would have stayed in the fleetyard. But many players want it so badly they would be stupid not to put it in the c-store. Wait. In a month or two you'll probably see it in the store for a good amount of real money.