Captain
# 1 Tholian Bridge
07-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Can we be able to walk on the other walls of this bridge since every wall is either a work area or door? Also, the Bridge Officers should be working on the other walls of this bridge instead of just having 2 on the "floor".

Or can Tholians walk on walls since they are crystalline spiders and we don't have the proper gravity generator technology to make full use of this bridge?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
07-24-2012, 05:03 PM
In Game Answer: Tholians can walk on their own walls, you don't have the foot grip to do so.

Real Life Answer: We don't have the tech to allow you to walk on other surfaces, or change gravity in that way. Kahless knows I want that power, but it's not in the cards for now. It is feasible we could position your BrOs on other floors by making custom animations for them, that turns them upside down and positions them there, but we didn't have near the time to do that, and even if we had, it would have just made it that much more frustrating that you the player couldn't get up there.

Sorry :/
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
# 3
07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
In Game Answer: Tholians can walk on their own walls, you don't have the foot grip to do so.
Technically that shouldn't be a problem for non Tholians in-universe anyway. Gravity generators would be inside the walls just like they're under the floor, so any wall can be the floor.

Last edited by fulleatherjacket; 07-24-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Lieutenant
# 4
07-24-2012, 06:21 PM
I also have a question relating to the tholian bridge,will usable interiors be made of anything other than the bridge?it would be cool to go exploring the ship in an EV suit(thats if the enviro settings are as i think they are)

Last edited by mastergenera1; 07-24-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Lieutenant
# 5
07-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
Technically that shouldn't be a problem for non Tholians in-universe anyway. Gravity generators would be inside the walls just like they're under the floor, so any wall can be the floor.
Heck, if they can stick to walls, they really don't need gravity at all.
Captain
# 6
07-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:

Real Life Answer: We don't have the tech to allow you to walk on other surfaces, or change gravity in that way. Kahless knows I want that power, but it's not in the cards for now. It is feasible we could position your BrOs on other floors by making custom animations for them, that turns them upside down and positions them there, but we didn't have near the time to do that, and even if we had, it would have just made it that much more frustrating that you the player couldn't get up there.

Thanks for the answer. I thought this might be the case. Would be real cool and could make for a fun mission and PvP map.
Captain
# 7
07-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrophile View Post
Heck, if they can stick to walls, they really don't need gravity at all.
True, but beings that evolve in gravity kind of need it. Humans waste away as their bones lose calcium and their muscles atrophy, for example. If Tholians evolved on a planet that had gravity, they'd probably suffer some nasty effects over time in a Zero-G environment.
Career Officer
# 8
07-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:

So how about a Atrox Bridge now?
You guys kinda *forgot about* (don't want to say *screwed us on*) that one.
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-25-2012, 04:20 AM
There is something even more frustrating, we can guess 'hidden' corridors on the minimap, and when you get close to the doors, the the color of the lights changes. This is weird, it looks like we should have had more interior space but that it remained unfinished.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
07-25-2012, 09:25 AM
My take was that the Tholians had some magic way of walking on the walls despite gravity. Much like spiders and other insects do on earth. If they had gravity generators in each floor/wall/ceiling, then you (the player) should be able to walk on those surfaces as well. Since you can't, that's clearly not the way it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
There is something even more frustrating, we can guess 'hidden' corridors on the minimap, and when you get close to the doors, the the color of the lights changes. This is weird, it looks like we should have had more interior space but that it remained unfinished.
huh?
There are short segments of corridor back there because the doors contain semi-transparent orange crystal panels. If I had not put something back there, you would be seeing out into space.

I assure you, there is nothing interesting back there, and the corridors end after a short distance.

I don't know what you mean about the light changing?
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?