Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Theoretical Kar'fi build
07-20-2012, 03:55 AM
So I got bored and decided to finish a klingon sci I started maybe a year ago. And I'm thinking of buying the Kar'fi and building it for crowd support. Heres what im thinking...

slotting AP beta and delta1 since i think i can use both at the same time..may be wrong
throwing in at least 1 BFaW or CSV depending on if I go cannons or beams probably going to be beams. Not sure if ill use a torpedo don't know what I'll get for turn rate yet.

Slotting grav well 3 and feedback pulse. Does feedback pulse work with attack patterns?

The rest will be the usual heals like epts tss he tt blah blah blah......

Any thought from Kar'fi pilots?
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
# 2
07-20-2012, 04:11 AM
Kar'Fi is a great ship.

Comments...

Captain weapon type should compliment pet weapons, ie if pets run antiproton, captain might run something else like disruptors. If pets run disruptors, captain runs something else like antiproton/polaron/etc. The idea is stack damage types for the best efficiency.

GW3 sounds good, but I might go ET3 instead of feedback pulse. Pets and weapons are more than enough DPS and you might fare better to think about survival in tougher situations.

Beams are your friend if you are going to keep your distance from the action.

Don't forget Doffs which can shorten cool downs of beams, ST, ET, whatever allows you to mix in a few more attacks like BO3 and FaW2 with reasonable cooldowns.

I love the Kar'Fi and feel it's great for any Captain, but maybe best for a Sci Captain.

Have fun and I look forward to some feedback once you have been able to get some flight time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-20-2012, 04:38 AM
I was thinking feed back pulse if it also applied APB if not then its not so great. also ET? Engineering team?
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Empire Veteran
# 4
07-20-2012, 05:57 AM
I would stack ApO1 if possible for improved speed a turn.
Use cannons and torps for damage.

I've seen many deadly Kar'fi in Ker'rat, so the ship is capable under a good build.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
07-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I would stack ApO1 if possible for improved speed a turn.
Use cannons and torps for damage.

I've seen many deadly Kar'fi in Ker'rat, so the ship is capable under a good build.
Yes as far as single target but I was going to try somthing leaning more toward multi target debuffing. I am aiming more for the new fleet actions and less for pvp. My reasoning is that in the fleet actions killing your targets one at a time or indeed at all doesent garuntee you success. And the Kar'fi has the boff slots to have a nice mix of tac aoe and sci aoe abilitys. Even with beams I should be able to do decent single target damage and the pets can boost that a bit.

I am not however an expert. Like I said it mostly hinges on if I can stack beta and delta and if feedback pulse can apply beta, if not, then its no better than a cruiser for multi target debuffing so i can just go ahead and do a cannon/energy drain build.

Career Officer
# 6
07-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Cannons and Torpedoes are nice. They are a few of my favorite things. Gravity well is also nice. Chroniton Torpedoes have an awesome slowing effect, coupled with Spreads its sooper awesome!! But really Cannon Volleys and Torpedo Spreads on npc's that have been grouped up by Gravity Well is very effective.

If you find yourself needing to change arc quickly, may I suggest using reverse along with an engine battery and evasive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBRGjfO1_Bg

There's a nice aoe Karfi.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
07-25-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Cannons and Torpedoes are nice. They are a few of my favorite things. Gravity well is also nice. Chroniton Torpedoes have an awesome slowing effect, coupled with Spreads its sooper awesome!! But really Cannon Volleys and Torpedo Spreads on npc's that have been grouped up by Gravity Well is very effective.

If you find yourself needing to change arc quickly, may I suggest using reverse along with an engine battery and evasive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBRGjfO1_Bg

There's a nice aoe Karfi.
It is. But the idea I was going for is somthing that can stack beta and delta on multiple targets regardless of where thay are. Basicaly fly through the middle of a group draw agro allow my beams to apply beta stacking with delta and maybe feedback pulse as well.

So far tho its just an idea as I haven't had time to finish lvling my char to 50.

Unrelated.... I'm noticing my bop pets are criting for 100k at times. any one else seeing this?

Career Officer
# 8
07-25-2012, 04:43 AM
Okay. I missed the bit about stacking Delta and Beta. That is a no go.

And Beta is a short duration also. So if someone isn't aggressively killing them its a "not so much" situation. Fire at will isn't an aggressive killer.

You can't aggro all of the npc's in these missions. They simply will not do it. They focus on their target and that is that. So abilities that rely on you drawing fire are not that strong.

But you can use Gravity Well to group up and slow mobs. You can use Chronitons on the mobs to slow them also if you like. Then you use cannons to kill them.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!