Banned
Myself and a few fleetmates have been having a problem that literally prevents us form playing now.

This started last week and now at this point today I cannot do anything after logging in. After X minutes or even seconds my screen freezes and I have to manually shutdown.

I have the latest updates on my drivers and this problem was never around before last I checked, but I'm not the only one.

Anyone else here on the forums also having this problem? And can Cryptic please look into this....I really want to play.....I just can't due to STO acting up this way.
Banned
# 2
07-01-2012, 08:46 AM
No one else?
Banned
# 3
07-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Well this is unfortunate... I want to play and literally can't because of this...
Captain
# 4
07-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Try rolling back your video drivers if you've recently updated them, as STO sometimes doesn't like certain ones.

Full specs of your and your affected fleetmate's PCs would be helpful in figuring out what is happening.
Banned
# 5
07-02-2012, 07:07 AM
I have a Nvidia GT 540m card and I updated all that I could last week in general at my local Geek Squad. It's silly if one has over the recommended settings and can't play becasue of that...
Ensign
# 6
07-24-2012, 04:59 PM
I get this to, only happens in Sector Space though, as long as I'm on a Starbase or Planet I'm fine, second I enter sector space, locks up, and that character is no longer playable.

Tried all the usual tricks to fix it, nothing so far has worked, only having issues with STO, no other game, working off a Fresh Laptop, have like 4 non-factory things installed...lol
Ensign
# 7
07-25-2012, 10:50 PM
I have this happen to me before I can even finish the tutorial. Good thing this is a free game! You get what you pay for I suppose, anyone have a fix yet?