Captain
# 11
07-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
More Dilithium milking?

Suppose that's all Cryptic is capable of these days, while they string people along in the vain hopes of getting actual STORY content for the game.

Sorry, but my faith in Cryptic is forever lost after this latest travesty (EV suits)
You know, if their whole issue with makign use of GPL as a currency is that players have a massive stockpile of it, why not make some of these special missions GPL based?

I'd love to finally have a use for the crap.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
07-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
You know, if their whole issue with makign use of GPL as a currency is that players have a massive stockpile of it, why not make some of these special missions GPL based?

I'd love to finally have a use for the crap.
You know, something I've always wondered about is just how some people got so much GPL considering what a useless currency it is, and what a boring, pointless game Dabo is.

It's kinda like whizzing your ECs - a useful currency - against the wall.

Do people actually find some amusment in selecting random combinations of numbers and hoping they roll the "Hard Six"?
Captain
# 13
07-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenflak View Post
Do people actually find some amusment in selecting random combinations of numbers and hoping they roll the "Hard Six"?
Gambling is pretty popular in the real world. So obviously yes.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Lieutenant
# 14
07-25-2012, 07:37 PM
They could have A Ferengi trader be available for the stations as a project like they do with the science, tac, and engineering officers. Once he is available, it opens up projects that involve GPL, like a dabo table or reduced purchase prices on gear.
Empire Veteran
# 15
07-25-2012, 09:04 PM
More limited time projects for big fleets great. Not all of us are in huge 500 member fleets many have under a dozen members. Why can't you scale the project determined by how many accounts are in a fleet?

Support the small fleets too.

Oh also could you fix your news page, no images how up in the blogs. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 16
07-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eristhevorta View Post
A few 100K diliffium is not too bad, since it's a fleet thingy and everyone can ****ribute his own ameownt of diliffium, as much as he / she wants. Butt the price for the TNG era EV suits are a bit high if they are only characterwide and not ac****wide.

~ Meowz
I'm sorry, I'm pretty amused by your typos / profanity filter interception here!

But anyhow, it *would* be nice if Starbase projects used more types of inputs to construct. GPL is a good idea, as are other lesser used items. I see Starbases as being a good method to control inflation.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-26-2012, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
*sigh*

Can we please get the option to swap or remove a project? Our small fleet got stuck with one of those and I doubt we can get it cleared PLUS this one.
My fleet got stuck with that stupid Refugee mission, we can't swap it unfortunately.
Career Officer
# 18
07-26-2012, 05:36 AM
I keep seeing people concerned about the two week window of completing their current special project AND this one but the way I was reading it... you only need to START the project in this two week window and can then work on it for as long as you like

I wouldn't be too concerned as I'm sure these may be repeated (hopefully) in the future for new fleets / fleets that missed out
Captain
# 19
07-26-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonias2 View Post
I keep seeing people concerned about the two week window of completing their current special project AND this one but the way I was reading it... you only need to START the project in this two week window and can then work on it for as long as you like

I wouldn't be too concerned as I'm sure these may be repeated (hopefully) in the future for new fleets / fleets that missed out
You then get backed up with the special project following it though. You can only run one of them at a time. Push the first one back and you'll start pushing them all back until you lose one.

edit: I have to admit that I only run a single character with a klingon that I haven't played on months (I can't deal with the red UI. Get headaches in under five minutes from it) I hadn't been using any dil farming or contraband dumping alts. That personal policy just got changed.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
07-26-2012, 06:03 AM
If I'm paying for plants on the starbase they better not be plastic. I want to see some of those useless npc squatters watering them.