Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Banned
...when you pass over a starbase in alternate universe event. It sounds rather like nails on a blackboard, and sometimes it stays with you even when you fly away from the base. Before the brigade on here tells me to get a ticket and queue up, let me say I DON'T DO queues. I even do my shopping at 3am in the 24hr shop and I avoid the post office whenever I can.
Captain
# 2
07-26-2012, 05:34 AM
So....

You want to complain about it on the forums but not want to submit a ticket in an attempt to get it fixed?

*shrug*

Sounds good to me.

edit: As a response, there's a number of sound issues currently in the game. A couple of them got fixed in the patch that's coming out in a few hours. Hopefully others will be fixed as we go along.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Banned
# 3
07-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Well, what's the point in having a gameplay bugs section in the forums if the only way to get things done is to submit a ticket. I remember someone posting a bug report here and saying they hope a passing dev would see it, as nothing gets done even when you submit a bug report. So not only do I not submit one because I hate queues, it' sounds like a futile exercise anyway.
Captain
# 4
07-26-2012, 07:48 AM
I was agreeing with you. Please note the "Sounds good to me" bit in there. Please excuse me if that wasn't clear.

I went through and closed out all of my tickets that I had filed a few days ago in disgust. Between trying to get staff to follow up on a complaint about an incompetent moderator who can't even send a PM correctly, them ignoring ongoing abuse here in the forums, as well as dealing with a staff member who can't figure out how to run the physical nature of the forum software, I've made a promise to myself to never file another ticket in this game.

Let along the broken foundry that I still haven't been able to do anything really with since I started.

And how is your day going?

edit: Daniel Stahl you must have a real nice job sitting there while everything goes to pot in this game. I know we're just the 1% of the players here but the another 99% must be giving you a ton of money for you to pretty much ignore what goes on in these forums as well as the backend.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Last edited by mikewendell; 07-26-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Banned
# 5
07-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
I was agreeing with you. Please note the "Sounds good to me" bit in there. Please excuse me if that wasn't clear.

I went through and closed out all of my tickets that I had filed a few days ago in disgust. Between trying to get staff to follow up on a complaint about an incompetent moderator who can't even send a PM correctly, them ignoring ongoing abuse here in the forums, as well as dealing with a staff member who can't figure out how to run the physical nature of the forum software, I've made a promise to myself to never file another ticket in this game.

Let along the broken foundry that I still haven't been able to do anything really with since I started.

And how is your day going?

edit: Daniel Stahl you must have a real nice job sitting there while everything goes to pot in this game. I know we're just the 1% of the players here but the another 99% must be giving you a ton of money for you to pretty much ignore what goes on in these forums as well as the backend.
..Sorry didn't realise you were agreeing with me

I would be surprised if anyone from Cryptic actually views this forum, because no issues ever seem to get attended to that are brought up here, and I do feel slightly offended by their 'take a ticket' attitude it sounds like they're saying we'll sort it - when we can be arsed to do it.

Edit: I am also one of the people who spent money on this game, only ?20 but still.... I'm not even temtpted to shell out ?100's for a lifetime membership and this kind of technical support isn't exactly encouraging me to do so.

Last edited by pinkpower2012; 07-26-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Captain
# 6
07-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpower2012 View Post
..Sorry didn't realise you were agreeing with me
Not a problem.

To be honest, I usually turn the sound down anyway since I;m either watching something or waiting on a client response on one of their support issues.

edit: In their defense we've had some patches where they've fixed over a hundred problems. Right before the release of Season 6, they pushed out like 3 patches to tribble within 24 hours.
---
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Last edited by mikewendell; 07-26-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Banned
# 7
07-26-2012, 08:28 AM
The other thing is ... I wish they'd take the server down during the night for updates when we're asleep instead of during the day and we're sitting twiddling our thumbs till it comes back online lol.

Edit: well I shouldn't really say that, I always do some housework while I'm waiting XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Not a problem.

To be honest, I usually turn the sound down anyway since I;m either watching something or waiting on a client response on one of their support issues.
You can play the game while watching something? LMAO well I suppose since you have Q as your avatar, you must be all seeing...

Last edited by pinkpower2012; 07-26-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Banned
# 8
07-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Sorry meant to post this a few days ago but... I would like to thank Cryptic or the game developers or whoever for at least fixing this bug. I've been reading over bug reports in this thread and they don't seem to get many thank you's for fixing something so thank you and keep up the good work STO team