Commander
# 181
07-26-2012, 08:30 AM
"Computer. Access program "Wallet."
"Access is Denied."

Yeah...no thanks Cryptic. You'd think by now STO would be in better financial shape....oh wait stuff like this doesn't ahve to do with that....?
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Survivor of Romulus
# 182
07-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
That's that person's choice for doing so. It's a bit of a reach for anyone to call Cryptic/PWE greedy when everything can be purchased for free. Some of those methods take a long time, but if they didn't, no one would spend real money and the game would go under. I mean, no one wants to go to work, but we can't all be on welfare.
Someone has to buy Zen points and put it on the exchange. The only free Zen are the one lifers get after 2 years into the game.

So, if Zen needs to be purchase in order to be put on the exchange for the dilithium grinders to get then how is anything in the game free?

If all the people who buy Zen point stop buy or putting them on the exchange where will the Zen points come from?

I suggest everyone stop putting Zen point up for dilithium so that people see nothing in the C-Store can be obtain for free.

AKA Primus01
Survivor of Romulus
# 183
07-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Beautifully crafted Klingon EV suits, simply beautiful. Thanks for the efforts for one of my favourite Sci-Fi races ever.
Now a word to the cost for a limited use and limited to character piece of otherwise lovely art...
NO
NON
NIET
NAGE
OHI
PU SHI
NEJ
NEIN
AHNEO
MINIME (LATIN )
NIE
NAO

For the record, I F2P on D&D Online and pay for things regularly... when they make sense! Race/Class unlocks, Guild Ship Upgrades, Missions and even Costume options are things I want and buy. You have yet to convince me to pay for anything in this game... maybe you will but it won't be this, sorry.
Captain
# 184
07-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Career Officer
# 185
07-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Sorry, I dont buy character only stuff, make it account unlocked and you have my money.....
Career Officer
# 186
07-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasprime View Post
Someone has to buy Zen points and put it on the exchange. The only free Zen are the one lifers get after 2 years into the game.

So, if Zen needs to be purchase in order to be put on the exchange for the dilithium grinders to get then how is anything in the game free?

If all the people who buy Zen point stop buy or putting them on the exchange where will the Zen points come from?

I suggest everyone stop putting Zen point up for dilithium so that people see nothing in the C-Store can be obtain for free.
You don't buy items on the exchange with dilithium so your entire post is without meaning. Everything in this game is free, you just have a choice to spend money. If you people think because you have a childish mentality of "I want it now" therefore I have to spend money, that's your own problem. I'm sure the price of these items would be lower if they didn't give so many ways to obtain them for free.
Career Officer
# 187
07-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
...everything can be purchased for free...
There are six ways Zen can enter the system, and only one is purely free of RWD to the player, most Zen enters the game via RWD costs and transfers to other players via Time Costs (Doff System/Fleet System) and Game Time Costs (Mission Rewards etc...).

Scenario 1 - Pseudo RWD Free Route
- Player A buys the Zen with RWD and puts it on the exchange
- Player B buys said the Zen with Dilithium obtained from Game Time and Time, then buys the suit.
- Item originally entered via RWD with a transfer costs of Game Time + Time.
- Zen revenue directly attributable to STO.

Scenario 2 - Pseudo RWD Free Route
- Player A is a Gold Subscriber for RWD and gets a monthly Zen stipend then puts the zen on the exchange.
- Player B buys said the Zen with Dilithium obtained from Game Time and Time, then buys the suit.

Scenario 3 - Pseudo RWD Free Route
- Player A is a Lifetime Subscriber paid for by RWD and gets a monthly Zen stipend. Player A's months in game are < LT Costs/15 months, thus has not passed the break even point. Player A then puts the zen on the exchange.

Scenario 4 - Pseudo RWD Free Route
- Player A plays the "Zen Giveaway" game and buys some of the promotions for RWD. Player A then puts the zen on the exchange.
- Zen revenue not directly attributable to STO.

Scenario 5 - Past RWD Free Route
- Player A is a Lifetime Subscriber paid for by RWD and gets a monthly Zen stipend. Player A's months in game are > LT SubCosts/15 months, thus has passed the break even point. Player A then puts the zen on the exchange.
- Item originally entered via past RWD with a transfer costs of Game Time + Time.

Scenario 6 - True RWD Free Route
- Player A plays the "Zen Giveaway" game only does the free promotions and surveys. Player A then puts the zen on the exchange.
- Item originally entered via Time with a transfer costs of Game Time + Time.

Scenarios 4 and 6 might be bad for Cryptic. All I can say is if you want the item and truly believe it is not worth the RWD costs, get yourself some good malware/anti-virus programs and start taking surveys.

Otherwise just don't buy it and hope PWE does not reach the false conclusion that:
Players did not buy the item means that they did not want it and thus making future items of the same nature are not a good ROI for the company.

When in reality it is:
Players did not buy the item because they felt the RWD costs did not provide good value to them.

Last edited by commodoreshrvk; 07-26-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 188
07-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
You don't buy items on the exchange with dilithium so your entire post is without meaning. Everything in this game is free, you just have a choice to spend money. If you people think because you have a childish mentality of "I want it now" therefore I have to spend money, that's your own problem. I'm sure the price of these items would be lower if they didn't give so many ways to obtain them for free.
in the dilithium exchange for Zen you do. Zen is require to get the item so how else can it be obtain for trade on the regular exchange?

the Regular exchange for energy credits someone has to buy it to put it on the exchange or are you real that nieve and think that it just magically appears there.

AKA Primus01
Survivor of Romulus
# 189
07-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
There are six ways Zen can enter the system, and only one is purely free of RWD to the player, most Zen enters the game via RWD costs and transfers to other players via Time Costs (Doff System/Fleet System) and Game Time Costs (Mission Rewards etc...).

Scenario 1 - Pseudo RWD Free Route
- Player A buys the Zen with RWD and puts it on the exchange

Scenario 2 - Pseudo RWD Free Route
- Player A is a Gold Subscriber for RWD and gets a monthly Zen stipend then puts the zen on the exchange.

Scenario 3 - Pseudo RWD Free Route
- Player A is a Lifetime Subscriber paid for by RWD and gets a monthly Zen stipend. Player A's months in game are < LT Costs/15 months, thus has not passed the break even point. Player A then puts the zen on the exchange.

Scenario 4 - Pseudo RWD Free Route
- Player A plays the "Zen Giveaway" game and buys some of the promotions for RWD. Player A then puts the zen on the exchange.

Scenario 5 - Past RWD Free Route
- Player A is a Lifetime Subscriber paid for by RWD and gets a monthly Zen stipend. Player A's months in game are > LT SubCosts/15 months, thus has passed the break even point. Player A then puts the zen on the exchange.
- Item originally entered via past RWD with a transfer costs of Game Time + Time.

Scenario 6 - True RWD Free Route
- Player A plays the "Zen Giveaway" game only does the free promotions and surveys. Player A then puts the zen on the exchange.
- Item originally entered via Time with a transfer costs of Game Time + Time.

Scenarios 4 and 6 might be bad for Cryptic. All I can say is if you want the item and truly believe it is not worth the RWD costs, get yourself some good malware/anti-virus programs and start taking surveys.

Otherwise just don't buy it and hope PWE does not reach the false conclusion that:
Players did not buy the item means that they did not want it and thus making future items of the same nature are not a good ROI for the company.

When in reality it is:
Players did not buy the item because they felt the RWD costs did not provide good value to them.
Thanks for pointing out how Zen points enter the game!!!!

AKA Primus01
Career Officer
# 190
07-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasprime View Post
in the dilithium exchange for Zen you do. Zen is require to get the item so how else can it be obtain for trade on the regular exchange?

the Regular exchange for energy credits someone has to buy it to put it on the exchange or are you real that nieve and think that it just magically appears there.
But the people that sell on either exchange are making their own choice to buy a free resource. How can you argue against my statement that you don't have to spend money by telling me that people are choosing to spend money to buy free resources? (credits/dilithium) You still have a choice, spend money instead of time or spend time instead of money. Do you put this much thought into what poor Asian kid had to put in extra overtime in his sweatshop job so you can have your BOGO sale at the local Shoe Carnival? Nothing is free to everyone, but it can be free to you.