Commander
This is embarrassing but I need some help.

I have a hard time jumping from the center platform to both blocks leading to the second set of consoles (immediately visible on the left when entering the room) in the boss room. Sometimes I make the jump but more times than often I fall into the plasma between the edge of rail and the edge of one of the first set of blocks.

I thought I remembered reading about a "super jump" in the forums but I cannot find any reference.

I'd appreciate any advice, tips, etc. Thanks.
Joined STO in September 2010.
Career Officer
# 2
07-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I haven't tried it myself, but take a look on the Foundry - there's apparently a mission specifically for practicing the jumps.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 3
07-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Search for "jump" in the foundry missions, it has the last room on infected with no enemies or plasma, just the platforms for you to practice with.

Also make sure you are holding the sprint button down while you jump.
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Hi.

I specifically made a foundry mission for the Fed side called "Jump Training". there is no plasma pool or enemies to distract you so yyou can practice to your hearts desire. Also added a little task to help with the mission.

Regards
PortgazD
Vice-Chancellor of Federation Fleet Directive 010

DISENCHANTED
Ensign
# 5
07-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Sprint helps too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Just run a bit up to it before you jump, the momentum will carry you over. It has to be practiced, but using the normal keys it is hard and even expereinced players fall sometimes.