Commander
I just created a new character, and for some reason, whenever I approach a planet with a mission, such a "Patrol X planet" and the like, there isn't a picture of the area and a description of the planet. It's available for both my other characters, and I can't figure out what I need to turn on or off in the options to enable these.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Career Officer
# 2
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
If I recall correctly, the planet popup itself has an arrowhead/button that can expand the popup to show an image and a description - if it has either.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Commander
# 3
07-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Ok. I'll check the minimap arrow button when I log on tomorrow.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
Career Officer
# 4
07-23-2012, 09:55 PM
I didn't mean the minimap arrow.

It seems your not the only one seeing oddities. All of my characters on live have 'lost' that button to expand the popup. I even rolled a new character and it wasn't there in the default UI setup.

However, the arrow is there on tribble.
We're supposed to be seeing this:

http://i.imgur.com/ga3v8.png
Commander
# 5
07-24-2012, 04:44 AM
huh. i've *NEVER* seen that arrow before. The image always just appeared, no matter what. I liked it that way.
Career Officer
# 6
07-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Seems fixed now on holodeck. Once you have expanded the arrow once on something it always stays up.

Commander
# 7
07-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Indeed, the descriptions are popping up again, but there is still no arrow to disable it. Not that I want to. There never was an arrow for me.