Empire Veteran
How about a few special items in the store:

Ship Compactor,
This item allows you to pack up a ship for storage back into its shipping crate,
the ship will be packed up with the current equipment in place.

Lets say 1000 Zen for this.

Unbind,
This item allows you to remove the currently set bind of an item/ship and sets it back to the items default state, bind on equip, pickup etc.

Lets say 200 Zen for this.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post

Ship Compactor,
This item allows you to pack up a ship for storage back into its shipping crate,

Quite like the pack up ship idea, I've got two Odyssey's commissioned at the moment as I unpacked my 2 year one then brought one from the C-Store not long after. Not a huge deal, I suppose, but I'd like to be able to pack my original one up again.
Ensign
# 3
07-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post

Ship Compactor,

Lets say 1000 Zen for this.

Unbind,
This item allows you to remove the currently set bind of an item/ship and sets it back to the items default state, bind on equip, pickup etc.

I myself have had this idea, but the cost of these items offered by the OP is *WAY* too much. I'm sure I'm not the only F2P player that would be more than a little put-off by this extreme price to be able to re-pack a ship or other item.

I would propose a price of 400 Zen for this item, and when you use it on a ship or other item, it automatically un-binds said unit from you.

Granted, it would have to be applied only to ships acquired via reward packs like Lock Boxes or Z-Store purchase, but still...

You'll get a LOT more benefit from this if it isn't ridiculously-priced. If people can use it without having to shell out their entire game-life savings, especially as F2P'ers, then they would be more willing to BUY it with real-world money in the future.

The ability to unbind and re-pack items is a good idea.
The price is not.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Heck, I'd pay 2000 Zen for either of those. The amount of EC I could have right now with an "un-binder" and "ship packer" would be more than worth it. I hate buying stuff, finding it completely useless, and then not being able to earn anything back on it.
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-30-2012, 02:42 PM
I would instantly purcase the ship packer.