Lt. Commander
# 31
05-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
So are our nicks now protected on gamesurge? As in no one can come in the channel when we're not there impersonating us and possibly causing a whole bunch of drama because of it, or getting us in trouble with Crytic in some way?

I just want to be very careful is all, I hope that's understood.
I'm gonna say no Hagon...cuz I just tested it and it doesnt seem to
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-06-2009, 10:04 AM
I doubt Cryptic will monitor outside service behavior (unless its an NDA issue).
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
I mean protection of our nicks mate, sorry if I didn't make that clear. If not it'll be pretty easy for someone to come in the channel and impersonate anyone, and possibly cause a lot of drama and possibly other issues.

It's actually why I quit coming in the channel and let some know that if they saw my nick it was definitely not me, just so I had that backed up.
I follow Hagon's concerns here as well.

Reason I stopped mIRC because I was impersonated in a sim a few years back and couldn't defend myself.

I'll be by the regular given chats though when I can.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Woul you like to skip the extra step of having to join the #STO channel after you visit http://www.gamesurge.net/chat head on over to http://stoirc.com/irc

Put in your desired name and hit connect and you are right there in #STO on GameSurge the Official IRC Channel STO fans.

(STOIRC.com is no longer a separate site or chat channel, it is linked directly into #STO on gamesurge and nothing about the chat you have come to enjoy from the people who have brought it to you plans to change in any way. We only aim to provide you with the easiest way to join us as is possible.)

Note: We will be working hard with the operators and volunteers in #STO There will be soon more detailed information about the volunteers running that channel, as well as a list of simple guide lines that should be respected in the public channel so that everyone feels most comfortable and welcome.

See you all at Tomorrows Chat

--mrgoo
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Would be at all possible to get an answer to the concerns some of us have raised concerning this network not having nickserv? Please.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-07-2009, 07:40 PM
meh yeah not having nickserv is a pain but if you set perform on connect for the server you should be "authed" each time you connect so its no biggy. btw

JOIN US!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Auth-ing equals problem solved!
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Whenever I log onto this thing, it's filled with strange people and Germans.
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo View Post
Whenever I log onto this thing, it's filled with strange people and Germans.
Don't give me no jibber-jabber Foo!
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-07-2009, 07:49 PM
So nice to see so many new faces in the chat room...woot!