Lt. Commander
# 11
07-27-2012, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
It's already used for testing (read: game-breaking bugs). The problem is, the few people who actually tune into Tribble don't find nearly enough of those bugs as needed.

If Tribble was as highly used as Holodeck, we wouldn't have this issue.
I Disagree.

The original statement is correct, many times something comes out the day before and within 24 hours it finds itself published to holodeck. Even while we test it and are reporting bugs, most of the time there is no QA time allowed.

I stopped bashing QA and Blame upper management in all these cases. It is tough for a fix corrected givent his company lacadacious behavior in follow up and correction of issues that they themselves created.

You try to make a foundation over a hole, guess what, that hole will make your foundation unstable. Fix the hole FIRST, then lay down your wall over it.
Captain
# 12
07-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eristhevorta View Post
Meowrik, as for the fundry, we haven't been able to use it in the first place for quite sum time, it was the same after Season 4 and Season 5 publish. Almeowst a munth offline or even more, and this season it's no different. So even if we WANTED to do the work, we CAN'T because of the large ameownt of time needed to bring the fundry back after a major code-breakdown. As for Tribble ... that's where I go usually for working with the fundry. The problem is, barely anyone will ever see my ****ent there, as it's Tribble and Hullodeck.
Eris, I have a question, out of curiousity: How come you always post like this?

Funniest bit is that half of it tends to get filtered out due to the typing, such as in "content", "account", and similar things having their "o" removed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
07-27-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm not English native, sorry.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Career Officer
# 14
07-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
If Cryptic/PW would give incentives, for the players to do THEIR WORK, maybe Tribble would be more populated.

Foundry: We do Cryptics work, in regards to content creation
Tribble: We do Cryptics work, in regards to QA / testing
^^^ This!
Captain
# 15
07-28-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eristhevorta View Post
I'm not English native, sorry.
Funny, you seem to speak quite well other than the typos. On purpose, perhaps?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Career Officer
# 16
07-30-2012, 03:06 AM
So.... When are we getting the critter and special person for our ships?