Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
# 21
07-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Those who left didn't teach the next generation about it. BOOM! history erased. It's happened in real life more than once.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Those who left didn't teach the next generation about it. BOOM! history erased. It's happened in real life more than once.
They supposedly left cause they didnt like what was going on in their society.

Those who dont know their own history are doomed to repeat it.

1 + 1 = 2

IE, still losers.

(yes, Im mostly kidding, but then Im not that big of a fan of anthro-cats, or anthro-much-of-anything for that matter, and I think its funny)
Rihannsu
# 23
07-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drasketo View Post
They supposedly left cause they didnt like what was going on in their society.

Those who dont know their own history are doomed to repeat it.

1 + 1 = 2

IE, still losers.

(yes, Im mostly kidding, but then Im not that big of a fan of anthro-cats, or anthro-much-of-anything for that matter, and I think its funny)
You got the quote wrong. It's: "Those who do not LEARN from history are doomed to repeat it."

It doesn't really require you to teach your descendants why you want them to do things a certain way, but it works better if you teach them why.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 24
07-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
There's a necessary retcon of the Caitians related to the fact that the Kzinti are not licensed for Star Trek... they're a creation of Larry Niven's that was used only for TAS.

Since STO doesn't have permission to use the Kzinti, we have Ferasans. And since Ferasans are a STO creation, the background story can be whatever the heck they like.
Kzinti are also in SFB...but they never made it to SFC...had to change the name to Mirak.
Rihannsu
# 25
07-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Actually.... SFB had a HORIBBLE rendition of the Kzinti. I blame SFB for why the Niven estate stopped letting CBS use the Kzinti.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Career Officer
# 26
07-28-2012, 02:39 PM
anyone realize that this whole thing is pretty much a carbon copy of the Vulcan/Romulan Diaspora?

Philosophical differences force one group to move away from another and settle far away from the other.

The history is eventually forgotten, giving us the current situation.

Using the Vulcan/Romulan separation as a model could we not expect at some point in the future a Caitain/Ferasan reunification?

-AE