Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 60
Hello Dev`s!

I know it`s not a major problem and there are over things to do on the Klingon fraction, but I just got the Scourge Destroyer Retrofit and I'am not able to customize it. When I try it shows me right after the beginning, that I have to pay 1500 Zen just to hit the ok button (without changing something). I really would like to give my ship a little bit more color and another bridge, but it`s not possible. The 1500 Zen charge is not disappearing.

First of all: It is a beauty! Thanks for that ship (I will have to change my signature for it). But I think the same problem can show up with the fleet version (Fleet Scourge Destroyer?).

(BTW: I hope it is the right section of the forum )


"What are his rights in this century? Will there be a trial or shall I execute him?" - Worf
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 237
# 2
07-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Seems you have the ship and not the C-store version, and the game thinks you're trying to use a costume option you don't have. When you press the button with the Z mark, does it actually ask you to purchase the Scourge Destroyer? I have this issue sometimes because I have the DS9 single-character costume unlock from the old Cardie boxes, but often when I use them, the tailor thinks I have to buy it [and thus shows "this will cost Zen"] but doesn't actually prompt me to buy anything, only asks if I'm sure I want the changes.

Try making your changes, if you get a prompt to buy the Scourge, then I've no other ideas for a workaround.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,506
# 3
07-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Most of the "cool" ships are like that.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
# 4
07-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssargon View Post
Seems you have the ship and not the C-store version, and the game thinks you're trying to use a costume option you don't have. When you press the button with the Z mark, does it actually ask you to purchase the Scourge Destroyer? I have this issue sometimes because I have the DS9 single-character costume unlock from the old Cardie boxes, but often when I use them, the tailor thinks I have to buy it [and thus shows "this will cost Zen"] but doesn't actually prompt me to buy anything, only asks if I'm sure I want the changes.

Try making your changes, if you get a prompt to buy the Scourge, then I've no other ideas for a workaround.
I have the same problem.It wont even let you click the purchase button, its grayed out. The only option is to waste 15 buck for a color scheme....
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 370
# 5
07-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't know a special KDF side non-Klingon ship with options for material selection. I believe you can select some limited differences such as yellow or green glow on the 2 lower level Nausicaan ships. Definitely not on the Garumba. No choices on the Fed side with the D'Kyr, and Atrox.

----added later----

Actually the Atrox does provide choices for patterns, but not material.


Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by rickpaaa; 07-29-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 6
08-05-2012, 06:39 AM
I'm having the same issue, also with the Scourge Retrofit (the 200,000 fleet credit ship, not the 20,000 + 4 modules one) but I'd assume the problem applies to the actual Fleet version as well. I also noticed that there are only a handful of different decal patterns available even if I did choose to pay to unlock them, compared with the 20 or so you can usually pick from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
I don't know a special KDF side non-Klingon ship with options for material selection. I believe you can select some limited differences such as yellow or green glow on the 2 lower level Nausicaan ships. Definitely not on the Garumba. No choices on the Fed side with the D'Kyr, and Atrox.

----added later----

Actually the Atrox does provide choices for patterns, but not material.
The D'kora and Orb Weaver have skin and decal options on the KDF side. Changing the D'kora skin even changes the colour of the engines and side... thingies.

The pattern on the Orb Weaver can be hard to notice if you're not in brightly lit areas, but it's definitely there, although all the colours on your applied patterns have a blue tinge to them.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 237
# 7
08-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Interestingly enough, the Vandal has an alternate skin, yet Scourge lacks one.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
# 8
08-05-2012, 08:31 PM
In all of the tiers this is the only ship that interests me. Between performance deficiency and disinterest due to preference of playstyle that's it for me. I picked it up and shelled for 4 modules. At that cost nothing more is even remotely appealing.

I find it irksome there is no "fleet skin". If it were a fed ship I'd have every confidence it was a technical error or an unintentional omission. It is a KDF ship. They couldn't be bothered. While the bridge set up works for me and it's a nice piece of design in my eyes the change in values to upscale could have been jotted on a napkin over lunch and entered into the database on return.

So, I purchased my fleet ship and I had assumed a novel fleet skin. The one skin that doesn't actually have a name apart from a file name/ placeholder is lonely and could use the company. And take the time to label that one something crazy like, "material 1" so I'll be tricked into thinking you actually care.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,000
# 9
08-06-2012, 04:09 AM
I need no new skin, as I have discovered that the Scourge with the Jemmy set visuals is just about the sexiest thing in this game.

Wish I could change my bridge though.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 134
# 10
08-06-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post
I need no new skin, as I have discovered that the Scourge with the Jemmy set visuals is just about the sexiest thing in this game.

Wish I could change my bridge though.
The Jemmy set really makes any ship look pretty cool. I love the look on the D'Kora, especially when running polaron weapons.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 AM.