Career Officer
# 31
07-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Let us take a moment to talk about definitions though. Terms like "global cooldown". If you use that term to describe anything in STO, you're an idiot. There is no "global cooldown" in this game. See what I did there? The game engine does have a knack for ignoring commands that are entered to quickly, but that isn't a global cooldown represented in the UI. You can mess around with that all day if you like. Go look it up. Shared and system cooldowns aren't global. Move on.
I am just nitpicky here and not disagreeing with the substance of your post: When snix introduced the cooldown system in Season 1.2, he did call the shared cooldown between powers of the same name "global cooldown". It is, strictly speaking, not a global cooldown, because a global cooldown would probably imply that it applies to all powers (TOR uses such a system), not just a well-defined subset based on the triggering abilities.
Career Officer
# 32
07-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
I am just nitpicky here and not disagreeing with the substance of your post: When snix introduced the cooldown system in Season 1.2, he did call the shared cooldown between powers of the same name "global cooldown". It is, strictly speaking, not a global cooldown, because a global cooldown would probably imply that it applies to all powers (TOR uses such a system), not just a well-defined subset based on the triggering abilities.
You are absolutely right bud. He did. Don't know what he was thinking. Global is pretty much what it says. Global. The entire shebang. Anyways back to lurking!!!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Empire Veteran
# 33
07-27-2012, 04:58 PM
global is the lingo that has always been used in this forum. some of this stuff can be confusing enough to try to get people to understand, if you start adding more and more terms to the explanation you just lost the noob audience. if it would please the posters i'll get completely specific from now on.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 34
07-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Remember though that specific and correct aren't the same thing.

Hell I'm specific way more often than I'm correct. You can pick just about any post I've ever made and say "well look at that, thissler was exactly wrong".

Wasn't this about boarding parties? Who brought the snacks?
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.