Captain
# 21
07-28-2012, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
Can silvers who were former golds fix things when the access was cut? Or did former golds get access to their old stuff since the last time I looked?
What do you mean? Did access to the foundry change with the new season patch?
Captain
# 22
07-28-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
What do you mean? Did access to the foundry change with the new season patch?
As a gold, you get access to the Foundry editor. As a silver, your access is gone. Or at least that is what happened in my case. Therefore, if this "update" breaks something, it will be forever broken.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
# 23
07-28-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
I take it that was my mission, "One Too Many". And I really REALLY appreciate you catching it and seeing that it was not published with that break in it. At least, I can't find it on Holodeck so I assume it wasn't published.

The last map transfer used the apparent bug in order to leave from anywhere on ESD, I was going to pull it pre-S6 launch (and try to think of a way to fix it) but I was expecting it a week later than it happened.

Again, thank you so much for your care with this Season Transfer. The fact there is this brief moment without player reviews is a real positive as we check on our missions and do not have the current ability to edit them. And if you did make sure my mission didn't publish due to this break, thank you so very much for not leaving it tarnished.

Really, some people may be upset about the time scale but I'm not. Thank you very much for learning and showing the contrary to what so many nay-sayers that appeared post S4 said you were. You in fact, do, give a damn.
Also, A Will and a Barclay has a bug in the last mission. The entire holodeck has dropped 3-5 meters into the terrain, leaving only me, Barclay, the top of the door, and the upper half of the holodeck, on a brownish, flat terrain.

Also, the thing about Silvers being restricted from Foundry usage is a big, fat lie.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
07-28-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
As a gold, you get access to the Foundry editor. As a silver, your access is gone. Or at least that is what happened in my case. Therefore, if this "update" breaks something, it will be forever broken.
I'm a silver who was a gold and I have access to everything. Or I will when editing is turned back on. Right now its off for everyone.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 25
07-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I'm a silver who was a gold and I have access to everything. Or I will when editing is turned back on. Right now its off for everyone.
They must have changed something then. Back when my account went back to silver when it was up, I no longer could do anything with the Foundry other than play missions that were available.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Cryptic Studios Team
# 26
07-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Republishing is now complete. Note that there are a few dozen projects (about 1% of all published projects) that failed the republish. These failures were expected and are due to projects having bad data due to previous bugs that were not catching data errors in validation. In most cases we were able to automatically fix the projects, but in these few cases we were not. If you have a project that didn't automatically republish, then you can manually republish it once editing is turned back on and you fix the validation error.
--
Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
Cryptic Studios Team
# 27
07-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
They must have changed something then. Back when my account went back to silver when it was up, I no longer could do anything with the Foundry other than play missions that were available.
Silver players who had previously been gold, or who have purchased foundry project slots with Dilithium, are able to access the foundry. There was a bug that was preventing players from accessing the foundry, but that was fixed quite a while ago.
--
Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
Captain
# 28
07-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Well, Helna of Troy still isn't up, so it must be one of the few, considering how many workarounds and crazy trigger combos I used it in.

Anyways, I noticed two minor issues in "Slaves and Seductions.'

I was using a ready room with a closed door to the bridge. In the mission, the door is supposed to malfunction, leading the player to do a site to site transport. This door is now open, so it makes no sense. But, it's something that I can fix fairly easily.

The other part in the mission is weird, and I'm not sure what is causing it. There is a sequence where the player orders a drink from the replicator, a drink appears, and then the player drinks the bloodwine. It still works, but now there is a mysterious "interact" prompt that does nothing and never goes away.

Again, that's probably something that I can fix easily.
Captain
# 29
07-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Also, A Will and a Barclay has a bug in the last mission. The entire holodeck has dropped 3-5 meters into the terrain, leaving only me, Barclay, the top of the door, and the upper half of the holodeck, on a brownish, flat terrain.
Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I caught it myself when I played through it to test. It probably has to do with how I set up the Holodeck Object to be level with Terran or Coordinates. I'll be able to fix it when the editing opens up no problem.

Again, I'm grateful reviews are disabled so I'm not getting slapped for the error atm.
Captain
# 30
07-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Hmm... ok, this replicator thing is also affecting "The Return to Terra Nova." Hopefully, it's something that I can fix, because it may be related to the loss of "this component complete."

Here is how it is set up.

1. A replicator is covering two martini glasses on the floor.
2. edit: oops, this step was wrong, move to step 3.
3. Interact text on martini A: "Order non-synthaholic drink." Interact text on martini B: "Order Synthaholic drink."
4. Martini A is set to disappear if martini B is chosen; Martini B is set to disappear if martini A is chosen.
5. If Martini A is chosen, two more glasses are set to appear (still in the floor under the replicator). Interact text on both correspond to a specific drink choice, and each glass is set to disappear if the other drink is chosen. If martini B is chosen, it's the same sort of set up, where two other glasses appear, with interact texts corresponding to drink choices.
6. Finally, depending on the drink choice, an object appears in the replicator, such as a bloodwine cup. They are set to disappear with "this component complete" which uses a drinking animation for the toon.

OK, so what happens instead:

3 choices are shown: "Interact" "Order Synthahol" "Order Non-Synth", followed each time by the other choices, each have this mysterious "interact" choice that does nothing.

I hope that makes sense. It's the very first task for the player to do in "The Return to Terra Nova."

Last edited by kirksplat; 07-28-2012 at 12:43 PM.