Career Officer
# 11
07-28-2012, 10:06 PM
I finally got STO running last night. I uninstalled the Intel Network Connections software, extracted the driver files from the .zip file, went into Device Manager and had it scan the driver directories until it found one. Once it was installed, the game loaded like a champ, totally fine.

Can we get this added to a sticky or a FAQ or something? STO does not like the Intel management applications on Z77 motherboards. I hope this gets fixed in the future!
Ensign
# 12
07-29-2012, 01:28 PM
i will try it out with the intel software...cause my system is 3770k, asus p8z77 - V, gtx 470, 16gb ram and vertex 4....

my problem is:
- absurd long loading time, runs up until 90-94 and then it takes about 15 miniuts
- after that im on earth space dock. i can move around - thats all.

- fleet chat unaviable
- i see myself offline in fleet roster and can myself look up when i was last online
- i cant speak to npcs
- doors doesnt open
- i cant use weapons
- i cant beam up to the ship
- i cant get invited into a team
- i get extreamrubberbanded to my starting position...

and so on, a lot more stuff

shortly: i cant interact with the enviroment

so then, i will edit the post if it worked

Edit:
ok....this goes over my knowledge...i dont know what shall i extract nor in wich driver folder i shall go...

edit 2:
i could download the driver from the intel website, however, no effect at all

uss raven pls explain exactly what u have done

Last edited by lovobo2k3; 07-29-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
07-29-2012, 06:21 PM
What I did was: Downloaded the driver from the Asus website for my motherboard. I then uninstalled the Intel Networking Components (the only Intel application software I had installed).

I then opened the drivers .zip file and extracted the root folder to my hard drive. Once that was done, I went into Device Manager, selected my network adapter, selected the "Scan for drivers on your hard drive" option and browsed to the folder I extracted from the .zip file.

If the root folder didn't have the driver file, I'd go hit each subfolder and see if it finds it. Eventually it should find the subfolder with the driver for your particular adapter.

This will install the driver for your network adapter without any of the Intel application software and should get STO running, maybe.

Last edited by ussrevraven; 07-29-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Ensign
# 14
07-30-2012, 03:43 AM
...not clear enough...

wich driver u had downloaded ? i have the asus P8Z77- V and downloaded the Intel_GigaBit_V17000_XPWiN7 driver, wich seems to be the latest. (at the intel webpage i found 17.1)

the next is, what do u mean when u say "opened the drivers zip". i mean, the whole thing is a zip and u have to extract it, otherwise u cant install anything, so if u extracted something else, pls say the exact filename, anything else isnt clear enough, because i have 4 folders called "drivers".

next point, searching the folder in the device manager... i took the time and choosed every single folder, nothing happened. no suitable file could be found.

however, on the intel webpage u can also search for a driver wich look nearly the same...only missing is the asus stuff...there i installed the dirver - it didnt worked either.

but in %driverfile%/APPS/SETUP/SETUPBD/Winx64 i found an executable SetupBD, wich installs the driver, and i think only the driver, cause i find nothing to de-einstall wich belongs to intel - still doesnt work at all
Career Officer
# 15
07-30-2012, 08:12 AM
The driver I downloaded was the only driver listed on the Asus site for my motherboard (Sabertooth Z77).

And re: extracting the drivers: I just opened the .zip file and extracted the root folder (which in this case was called Intel_LAN_V16600_XPWin7). Once I did that, I told Device Manager to scan that parent directory. I don't recall if it found the driver in there or in one of the subfolders (the subfolders for mine were Apps, Platform, Pro100, Pro1000, and ProXGB), but the only subfolders for mine worth checking would be Pro100, Pro1000 and ProXGB). I'm wanting to say it was the Pro1000 subdirectory that actually installed my network card, but I could be mistaken.

For my driver, the Pro100/Pro1000/ProXGB directories were for different nics that might have been included for this card.

I'd get the driver from Asus and give this a shot at least. I dunno if something's different for the P8Z77-V and the Sabertooth Z77, but this is what I did to get it working for me.
Ensign
# 16
08-01-2012, 07:14 AM
I am also having the same issue.

My Hardware specs are: i7 3770K Cpu, Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, 16gb-DDR3 1600, Win7 64bit (fully updated).

After reading the posts before I am going to go home after work tonight and play around with the Intel iNetwork management software to see if I can fix the problem as I know the iNetwork software provides network usage priority and STO might have a low priority by default.

I will let you know how it goes.
Ensign
# 17
08-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Confirmed,

I tried logging into the game as soon as I got home and I am having the same problem, long load times, then when I finally get into the game I cannot move my ship.

I went into the AI Suite II interface for Asus motherboards and disabled Network iControl and tried to log back in. Super fast load times and I can move my ship without issue.

I also noticed the problems I was having with Hotmail being not very responsive have been corrected.

I suggest any of you having trouble in this thread try disabling Network iControl or if you wish to keep it running, try just updating that program through the Asus site.
Ensign
# 18
08-02-2012, 06:52 AM
the same here, i deactivated the Network iControl and the game loads as fast as before...

very good
Ensign
# 19
08-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi,

i'm having the same problem, my hardware specs: i5-2400 @3.1Ghz CPU, ASRock H61M/U3S3 (B3), 8gb-DDR3 SDRAM, Sapphire HD6870 1Gb, Win7 64Bit.

I tried updating some drivers. I also tried some options like force verify, but neither the driver updates nor the options solved the problem.

Any ideas for a solution?

Greetz,
KW4ever
Ensign
# 20
08-02-2012, 03:50 PM
hmm, thats kinda strange.

however, asrock is asus? the little brother, so maybe the solution is similar.

is there a tool like the asus suite ? a management software for the board ?
Closed Thread