Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Melee Weapon Pack
07-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Since Cryptic still makes one-off item packs for sale on the C... *Ahem* Z-Store, like the new EV Suits, why not continue the melee weapon pack series? It might even be an excuse to add new weapon types such as the long-promised Ushaan.

Last edited by theoryfive; 07-26-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Rihannsu
# 2
07-26-2012, 11:35 PM
It is a mystery to me why content such as Andorian/Klingon/Jem'Hadar melee weapons, species-specific combadges, and other such items are always rumored at but never released. One would think it would be fairly simple to design these items and put them in the C-Store...poof!...instant profit.

Regarding the combadges, I heard that the dev who had prepared them for release is no longer with the company and that there are no longer plans to release them. A buddy thinks that guy/gal must have gotten fired and their work trashed, which happens in the entertainment industry, but I'm hoping that wasn't the case. I mean, here they are milking us for dough and angering their fan base in Season 6, and they can't release simple items that have been requested for ages? I know they have only so many employees, but...

...right, I need to stop posting tonight. Too cranky.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theindefatigable View Post
It is a mystery to me why content such as Andorian/Klingon/Jem'Hadar melee weapons, species-specific combadges, and other such items are always rumored at but never released. One would think it would be fairly simple to design these items and put them in the C-Store...poof!...instant profit.

Regarding the combadges, I heard that the dev who had prepared them for release is no longer with the company and that there are no longer plans to release them. A buddy thinks that guy/gal must have gotten fired and their work trashed, which happens in the entertainment industry, but I'm hoping that wasn't the case. I mean, here they are milking us for dough and angering their fan base in Season 6, and they can't release simple items that have been requested for ages? I know they have only so many employees, but...

...right, I need to stop posting tonight. Too cranky.
Perhaps the people who were responsible for the Ushaan and the Andorian ship were also laid off. Makes me both sad and angry to think about it, as when something like that happens all the work that was done may as well have never existed. I'm still hoping that this isn't the case for those, at least, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is.

Couldn't they make a ton of money, though, just on the Andorian ship that they said would be ready so long ago? Or selling a special version of the Ushaan?