Ensign
# 1 Dilithium exchange
07-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Hi all,

Used the dilithium exchange for the first time last night and have checked this morning and the offer is still sitting there. Who accepts it? Is it STO or is it other players? Very confused. Apologies if this is a stupid question but really want to buy a new ship.

Thanks
Captain
# 2
07-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnth121 View Post
Hi all,

Used the dilithium exchange for the first time last night and have checked this morning and the offer is still sitting there. Who accepts it? Is it STO or is it other players? Very confused. Apologies if this is a stupid question but really want to buy a new ship.

Thanks
Other players. If you're not selling at the current exchange rate, it won't sell right away, and if you're too far off it'll never go through.

It's a nice work-around to trade your Dil to other characters, though.
# 3
07-29-2012, 02:07 AM
In the Dilithium exchange you are selling (or buying) from other players only - STO has no direct control on the prices, they just set the limits on what can be charged (50-500). Its basically an Auction house, where only the best offers are going to be taken.

So if you're selling or buying Zen, you have to see what everyone else is selling or buying at and make a comparable offer for your transaction, otherwise it will just sit there.

Last time I looked market price was Zen (now dont quote me on this) was around 200 Dilithium each Zen, so to get a Tier 5 ship (2000 Zen for Gal - X, Carrier etc) you would need approx 400k of Dilithium to get the ship. This ship would be unlocked on all characters however

Last edited by shadecido; 07-29-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Ensign
# 4
07-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Thanks people I'll give it a go.
Ensign
# 5
07-29-2012, 02:42 AM
One last question, sorry, how do you trade with other players then I can't see an option for that?
Captain
# 6
07-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
One last question, sorry, how do you trade with other players then I can't see an option for that?
It already is other players on the exchange.

Put in your numbers, push the button.

Unless you mean just trading Dil -- the game doesn't allow that.

Last edited by beezle23; 07-29-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Captain
# 7
07-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Check your pricing. It's defaulting to 25 dil to 1 zen. You may be outside of the normal pricing.

There's a couple threads on that already.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Commander
# 8
07-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
You don't trade directly with them. When someone puts up an offer to buy at the same price as you, the swap is handled automatically by the exchange.
Career Officer
# 9
07-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Direct trading/transfer of Dilithium can only be done through the Dilithiium Exchange... It is simply not possible to directly trade/transfer Dilithium to characters outside of your account.