Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Commander
I have bound left shift for run but it never works since s6 or somewhat for awhile. Can this be looked into to see why, cryptic please? Mouse buttons work for run but left shift doesn't.
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-28-2012, 03:41 PM
I was having this problem myself but it was intermitant
Captain
# 3
07-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Silly suggestion but can you try unbinding it and rebinding it later on? May just need a whack to get the game to pay attention to it.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 4
07-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Perhaps its unbound in the ground keybind set your using? This might also explain captmack001's issue.

For example, if your dont have sprint bound to left shift in both shooter mode and rpg mode, then you it will only work half the time ^^

There is a toggle option for which set of keybinds your editing at the top of the keybind options page.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Commander
# 5
07-28-2012, 05:34 PM
I have tried to unbind i.e clear run with left shift then reassign it straight away but no go. Yes this is for the correct ground controls and yes i tried both. This is the non shooter mode i am discussing as i only do shooter mode when in combat but out of combat its normal mode.

Unbinding it once yesterday and reapplying it fixed it once and for only a few mins as it then went unresponsive again shortly after and the unbind and rebind didnt work after that. Tired everything i can think of and so i think its a bug. I mean yes i can run with a mouse bind but the bind specifically for left shift (duno if other keyboard keys are effected or not) is the issue with run.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2012, 10:52 PM
WOW I just assumed my Keyboard was going bad but mine does it too sporadically. It was random enough I just thought it was finally time to give up my G11. Glad it's not. Those things are hard to find now days.
Commander
# 7
07-29-2012, 03:18 AM
Doubt it makes a difference but since you have a g11 and i have a g110 both logitech it could be somit with that but i 99% would say it wouldnt but you never know.

I mean it worked before s6 ok, it works with my klingon ok but not my fed anymore. Highly confusing as to why it works with kli and not fed anymore. I thought it might have been a conflict with left shift somewhere but i double checked all the keybinds everywhere on my fed and only run was assigned to it.