Lieutenant
# 131
07-12-2012, 11:32 AM
I see well it seems that season 6 is launching today so they choose not to fix the galaxy r and make it the same ship as the c-store one
Lt. Commander
# 132
07-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Nice thought they'd ignore us regarding the Galaxy. The Sovvie was taken down quickly enough, but i'm wondering whethering that was due to it being launched in the c-store for $$$ rather than compliants as there have been fewer threads on the Fleet Sovvie than the Fleet Galaxy, and most people i've spoken to ingame ref the Fleet Sovvie thought it had alot of promise.

Lieutenant
# 133
07-12-2012, 12:41 PM
yea I agree idk why they won't listen to us about fixing the galaxy r and they claim its a balance ship when everyone knows its not.
Empire Veteran
# 134
07-12-2012, 03:20 PM
if i could log into the damn game i could check the final version of what they did to the ships in the store, cant seem to still though
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 135
07-12-2012, 10:12 PM
The final version is exactly the same that was on tribble....no change....as expected. Poor Galaxy sods. A new galaxy player will spend 2x more zen on his "competitive" Galaxy as he would spend on Odyssey.
Lieutenant
# 136
07-13-2012, 12:15 AM
yep the fleet galaxy r is the same as what was posted on wiki its a shame really htey just boost the shields by .1 which doesn't really help it out why not .5 lol, console lay out is the same was hoping for a tac ensign to replace the eng enign and a 3 tac console instead of a 5th one
Lieutenant
# 137
07-29-2012, 03:36 AM
Sorry if I'm reviving this thread, but I just love the Galaxy class, it's such a beautiful ship and it needs to be useful.

The Galaxy-R could use more recognition, but everything a Galaxy-R can do, an Odyssey Operations can do better.

A Galaxy-R needs versatility in mind, being able to switch roles easily from a DPS role to a tanking role to a crowd control one, since it's an explorer, it needs to be ready to take in any role since it will be most likely alone in Federation space.

We could go for a Lt Commander Universal for the Fleet Version and have an extra Tactical console as an replacement of the extra Engineering.

We could also do more with Saucer Separation, like evacuating the crew (Saucer Separation is meant to evacuate civilians and non essential crew) which the Saucer will move far from the combat zone, you will then lose 600 crew, but then gain a boost to weapons, engines, and auxiliary.