Career Officer
# 41
07-29-2012, 09:27 AM
I loaded up the game and immediately was relieved to see my missions had republished properly. Considering all of the complexities of the missions, I was afraid I'd be one of the 1% that didn't publish properly.

Anyway, I started up Dereliction Duty, and first thing I see is that my "mysterious asteroid" which is actually a C3SS (Class 3 Surveillance Satellite) is called "Cloaked Satellite #1", which kind of gives things away.

Not actually a bug, but since now objects can be labeled (which is awesome!), whatever you named them before is immediately visible-- which in this case is a bit...awkward, seeing as e don't have access to editor to change anything.

I just hope I didn't name anything something really embarrassing...

Now, to see if the missions actually work right.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 42
07-29-2012, 11:40 AM
I found a somewhat annoying bug: There has been some sort of change to the warp-out. The player's ship is now turning before warping out. Apparently this is the same behavior that causes the ship to turn rather than warp through a planet in the official missions.

Unfortunately, in the Foundry, this feature often results in the ship warping out in the entirely wrong direction. If we can't control which direction the ship faces when it warps out, then it really would be better if this feature was disabled again when in the Foundry.

Right now it really ruins the continuity of the mission when the player's ship warps out in the opposite direction it's supposed to be going. Example: I have an objective that says you need to pass through the asteroid belt before warping to the next planet. Right now, after passing through the asteroid belt, the ship turns back towards the asteroid belt and warps through it. It's really jarring.

Career Officer
# 43
07-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Yeah, showing the names of the objects really gives away a lot in Dereliction Duty... hopefully the editor is up again soon.

Career Officer
# 44
07-29-2012, 12:34 PM
There's definitely something strange about the way enemies are behaving.

I was fighting some enemy groups in space and I was destroyed. The ships then began to slowly fly back to their original position, but I engaged them before they got back. Strangely, they didn't fight back and just kept slowly flying back to their spawn point.

It's like they wouldn't attack until they got back within range of their spawn, allowing me to completely destroy one vessel before they got there.

Lt. Commander
# 45
07-29-2012, 09:26 PM
I forget where I posted this but all my missions work. Two have trivial bugs that can be fixed in seconds when the Foundry is accessible. I hope you boys plan to flip the switch this Thursday and not make us wait 2 more weeks.
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Rihannsu
# 46
07-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Ok, for TAS: Redux, I seem to have had a few dialogues disappear.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 47
07-30-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
Well, considering I don't remember it it's probably less a case of ignore and more a case of didn't see.

So long as you don't make her into something horrific or do anything irrevocable to her go right ahead. If you feel compelled, send details or what have you to me via PM. If it's a simple cameo, I'm not worried. By all means.

As much as I'd love to defend the character to the ends of the earth, I technically don't own her. Cryptic does. So I really appreciate you asking for my permission first. : ]
Well, being a bad character designer (I once had to copy an OUTFIT from the Foundry into an ingame costume, and it took me a second computer to do that... imagine how hard it'll be to make an entire character without any readable reference sheet) I'll probably need some help. Possibly with character, too, as I'm not too good at roleplaying (or in this case, making) characters originally created by somebody else.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Captain
# 48
07-30-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Yeah, showing the names of the objects really gives away a lot in Dereliction Duty... hopefully the editor is up again soon.
Lol. Might check it out later today if I have time, see how funnily you may have named your stuff in all 4 maps
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Survivor of Romulus
# 49
07-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Checked through all of mine. No real problems to report other than the new things in Season 6 that I can change as soon as I get into the editor.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
07-30-2012, 10:10 AM
My newest mission "The Darkness Ellie Brings" has a problem. One map has a contact npc that is no matter how it goes, going to be within an AOE blast in a firefight due to tight quarter close combat map.

I played the mission several times, and at least 5 times, the contact npc was killed in the AOE blasts of combat, breaking the mission from progressing unless I beam out/back and reset that map and fight again, in which case 5 times later, I managed it without killing her.

Before season 6, it was rare that she got killed, but since the update, it's been numerous times. Obviously, this makes a random chance that players will experience this problem, but considering 5x in a row for me, that's looking like a "higher" chance of a broken mission.

I thought Npc contacts had been fixed to be unkillable by Aoe such as warp core breaches, etc? Or was this ship contacts?