Community Moderator
# 241
07-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Hi,

I haven't been in game this weekend, but from reading the above posts seems we've had an issue with the fleet provisioning system.

I had hoped that you had all read the post I made back HERE #165 which had a link to info about that system.

I haven't read the fleet message that's been sent out yet, I will log in an hour or so from now, but I would like to think I'd always lead the fleet in a manner in which people could then once promoted also lead by example.

Fleet provision's are one item that is extremely difficult to acquire, and fleet credits can be difficult to acquire as well if others are online at the right time and have the resources to contribute, leaving other members struggling to gain enough credit to purchase items that they would like.

I'm not sure of the exact situation but we may need to try to limit some members contributions and have all members purchase no more than one item from the provisioned stores at any given time so that it's fair to others. It's a similar situation with the fleet bank, if a member donates a lot of a special item, such as DOff packs, then I wouldn't go in and take them all because that would be unfair to others so I would just take a small number leaving plenty for others to use.

I'm sure anyone upset will eventually come around, forgive and forget, but mistakes do happen and hopefully when they do we learn from them.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Empire Veteran
# 242
07-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
In this case, clarity takes a back seat to courtesy.
Umm ... you mean courtesy takes a back seat to clarity right?
# 243
07-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
Hi,

I haven't been in game this weekend, but from reading the above posts seems we've had an issue with the fleet provisioning system.

I had hoped that you had all read the post I made back HERE #165 which had a link to info about that system.

I haven't read the fleet message that's been sent out yet, I will log in an hour or so from now, but I would like to think I'd always lead the fleet in a manner in which people could then once promoted also lead by example.

Fleet provision's are one item that is extremely difficult to acquire, and fleet credits can be difficult to acquire as well if others are online at the right time and have the resources to contribute, leaving other members struggling to gain enough credit to purchase items that they would like.

I'm not sure of the exact situation but we may need to try to limit some members contributions and have all members purchase no more than one item from the provisioned stores at any given time so that it's fair to others. It's a similar situation with the fleet bank, if a member donates a lot of a special item, such as DOff packs, then I wouldn't go in and take them all because that would be unfair to others so I would just take a small number leaving plenty for others to use.

I'm sure anyone upset will eventually come around, forgive and forget, but mistakes do happen and hopefully when they do we learn from them.
Understood.

I made a mistake and I know it, one I won't make again. It was very unfair of me and I would never have done it on purpose. If I could I would trade them back in for the provisions, but that's not possible unfortunatly. I'll just learn from this on move on.

My sincerest apologies.

Last edited by sirepical; 07-29-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 244
07-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
Umm ... you mean courtesy takes a back seat to clarity right?
Whatever. I'm tired. My son has decided to protest sleeping after 5AM.

I'm just wanting to ensure people understand what the deal is.

I understand you made a mistake. That's fine. If it weren't for the fact we wouldn't have most of those provisions if not for your participation, I would have been a little more upset. But I understand that mistakes happen.

I, like Alecto, and just wanting to make sure everyone understands how the system works so we can avoid this type of mistake in the future.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Empire Veteran
# 245
07-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Whatever. I'm tired. My son has decided to protest sleeping after 5AM.

I'm just wanting to ensure people understand what the deal is.

I understand you made a mistake. That's fine. If it weren't for the fact we wouldn't have most of those provisions if not for your participation, I would have been a little more upset. But I understand that mistakes happen.

I, like Alecto, and just wanting to make sure everyone understands how the system works so we can avoid this type of mistake in the future.
Okay, I understand and that's all good with me.
# 246
07-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Hi,

Would fleet mark contributions be limited as well? Those are the major wall we've bumped into with the current T2 shipyard and most likely T2 starbase and beyond.
I ask because it would hurt us badly if that rule was put in place as I hardly see any really earn fleet marks to donate. Everything else fills up in a project and then the fleet marks often sit there without many further donations for hours or longer on end.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Community Moderator
# 247
07-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Would fleet mark contributions be limited as well? Those are the major wall we've bumped into with the current T2 shipyard and most likely T2 starbase and beyond.
I ask because it would hurt us badly if that rule was put in place as I hardly see any really earn fleet marks to donate. Everything else fills up in a project and then the fleet marks often sit there without many further donations for hours or longer on end.
Well no specific real rules can be put in place, the only permissions that can be changed via the fleet leaders that will effect this are...

1. Your ability to contribute to fleet projects allowing you to earn fleet credits.

2. Your ability to use provisioned stores which use provisions that are difficult to acquire.

We can't technically limit how many items you purchase from provisioned stores or how much you contribute, we can only advise you to fair to be other players.

So the short answer to your question is no.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.

Last edited by kalecto; 07-29-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 248
07-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Well no specific real rules can be put in place, the only permissions that can be changed via the fleet leaders that will effect this are...

1. Your ability to contribute to fleet projects allowing you to earn fleet credits.

2. Your ability to use provisioned stores which use provisions that are difficult to acquire.

We can't technically limit how many items you purchase from provisioned stores or how much you contribute, we can only advise you to fair to other players.

So the short answer to your question is no.
Ah I see, thank you.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
Empire Veteran
# 249
07-29-2012, 11:57 PM
On the bright side, my Ferasan sci had more dilithium than any of my captains. Grinding STFs will do that. Well... since there are no opportunities to throw all that to the starbase, I turned it all into crafting supplies.

It's best to go with the flow.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Empire Veteran
# 250
07-30-2012, 06:06 AM
Hey cats I'm hoping to set up some fleet events soon where we can team up for all the fleet missions to speed up the mark process. Hopefully we can do it during the bonus event for the extra marks. Let me know in-game mail if yer interested in joining and what times would be best for you.
Send the mail to @Ashkrik23.
Thanks.