Career Officer
# 41 It does not work for me
07-08-2012, 12:09 AM
And to be honest i dont care if it works for others......

my card is declines every single time. My bank is pretty smart and proactive but this is ridiculous. Funny thing is I just used my card to durchase another iitem in real life and it posted promptly and sucessfully. SO I KNOW IT IS THE PROBLEM OF THE PWE approved money lenders.

I tried a 2nd card which i know also works and guess what.....it was declined too.

Pretty damn silly this new system is such a problem for many folks......

Guess i am done spending money for this game.......thank the maker i am a lifer.

As a side note when virtual cryptic points were available guess what...it worked...and guess what...on the same card I am being declinied with here for this zen gibberish.
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.

Last edited by adabisi; 07-08-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Career Officer
# 42
07-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrorobla View Post

2 - Bad interface design.

To charge to a credit card, I have to disable my browser's cookie protections. The reason? PWE links to an outside charge agent inside a frakking FRAME, which is usually the behavior of malicious adware secretly writing cookie info.

I must do business with at least 30 other internet companies, and this is the FIRST time I've ever been required to disable my cookie protections (and thus open myself up to malicious problems if I forget to reenable it).
This is interesting because my credit card just had an unauthorized transaction. I just started buying stuff through this moneybookers (3rd party site you referred to) via PWE to buy ZEN. Moneybookers was founded in London, UK according to wikipedia. They are about to become Skrill, which is irrelevant. Anyway, the unauthorized charge on my credit card was for 39.95 from lunacs dot com, which is located in the UK. It is a coincidence, yes, but I have already filled out the claim form with my bank to get my money back and they have cancelled my card. It is merely a coincidence that just when I start getting charged by moneybookers in London, UK, that I get a fraudulent charge on my credit from lunacs dot com which is located slightly outside of London in Croydon, UK.

Coincidence? Only site which requires cookies on a hard drive instead of using cache or session based content that is not saved anywhere? yeah... just a coincidence.
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!

Last edited by tfomega; 07-19-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Ensign
# 43 Can't even BUY Zen
07-20-2012, 04:45 AM
Hey All,
I linked my accounts, but when I go to charge Zen, it asks me to choose a game and a server. When I choose STO, and then go to server, it doesn't list any of my characters (I have 4, 3 of which are over 10th level). So when I go to charge Zen it tells me I need a character over 10th level! I've got THREE over 10th level! WTF?

Worse still, I go to submit a ticket, I get a "Internet Explorer Cannot Display Page" and when I diagnose problem...there is NONE!!

Perfect World my @$$
Lieutenant
# 44
07-27-2012, 07:22 PM
I would have to agree with a lot of the posters, the older system was more faster, and clearer as well.

However, that has changed, and we will all adapt to use the new system.

My problem is that there is no warning that your purchase may be delayed. The money is deducted from whatever source anyone seems to choose almost immediately, but the reviewing process can take an undetermined amount of time.

This needs to be listed as a warning when purchasing. A lot of the anger comes from finding out after that you have to wait for your purchase. Had we all known in advance, that would not really be a problem, as I, and more than likely all of us, have no problem waiting, when we know we may have to wait. However, when expecting to pay and then use what you paid for does not happen right away, that's a problem.

Also, having a help line that does not accept calls from Canada confuses me as well.

It's just bad business. Especially regarding sales.

Then again, I suppose we are only hoping for a Perfect World....
Career Officer
# 45
07-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Not even getting far into the system before flags are raised when trying to purchase Zen.

Really regretting not loading up with Cryptic Points before linking my account.

Second thoughts - REALLY regretting linking my account.
Lieutenant
# 46
07-29-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm still getting the "you need a level 10 character" and can't even TRY to buy zen. Hell, I spent 20 minutes just trying to log on to this forum with all the endless usernames I have and I don't know which is which. What a cluster. I think it's time to cancel the account.
Career Officer
# 47
07-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoto123a View Post
Not even getting far into the system before flags are raised when trying to purchase Zen.

Really regretting not loading up with Cryptic Points before linking my account.

Second thoughts - REALLY regretting linking my account.

Plan B - Does anyone know of a company selling Perfect World Prepaid Cards in the UK?
Closed Thread