Career Officer
# 1 Forum Feature Request
07-29-2012, 12:31 PM
After spending some time on the forums, I think that a perfect addition would be able to insert a crying sound effect... would save on a lot of typing, and potentially prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.

Who's with me?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Career Officer
# 2
07-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I'd prefer a voting system whereby you can thumbs up or down posts you agree or disagree with. In this way, people can throw their support or agreement into discussions without having to reply (perhaps they don't have time or are on a mobile device). It may also allow developers to quickly assess important posts amidst a 100 post thread.

I'd like the posts with most support to be somehow brighter than those without, and I'd also like to see configuration options to allow you to specify if you want to see posts with x many down votes and so on.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 3
07-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
I'd prefer a voting system whereby you can thumbs up or down posts you agree or disagree with. In this way, people can throw their support or agreement into discussions without having to reply (perhaps they don't have time or are on a mobile device). It may also allow developers to quickly assess important posts amidst a 100 post thread.

I'd like the posts with most support to be somehow brighter than those without, and I'd also like to see configuration options to allow you to specify if you want to see posts with x many down votes and so on.
Let's not turn this into youtube okay?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 4
07-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Likes this ^^

But seriously, do you think it would make a difference about whether anyone pays attention to suggestions people make?
Thowchum
Legendary Starfleet Captain
Fleet Leader, The Abductors
STO Forum Member since December 2010
Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
Lieutenant
# 5
07-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if the career officers (or people that pay subscriptions) had something like like/dislike, sounds and forum priviliages.
Commander
# 6
07-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
After spending some time on the forums, I think that a perfect addition would be able to insert a crying sound effect... would save on a lot of typing, and potentially prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.

Who's with me?
I think crying about crying is epic win!
I also think excellent customer service should be the norm and not the exception. Cryptic seems to disagree.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Captain
# 7
07-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
I also think excellent customer service should be the norm and not the exception. Cryptic seems to disagree.
In their defense, I have never seen an internet company that has even decent customer service. Seems like many just stick up a support forum somewhere and assume that their clients will man it.

I;ve been sitting here for about 8 hours waiting for my vps provider to get back to me about not having access to my own personal sites. This was after getting an email saying that they were having to reboot the router on their rack and that they were giving us 5 minutes notice.

And I could tell you some horror stories about wordpress/Automattic.

Amazon screwed me over multiple times and that was before they soured on North Carolina

It's fun and a little bit sad when you answer a support ticket and get back a "Wow, you actually answer your tickets? My late host never did."
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining