Commander
# 151
07-29-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaishinlegion View Post
@general1devon: Glad you think so, though I didn't have it generated anywhere. Found a system with the lighting I wanted, took a screenshot of my ship, went into the tailor and took a screenshot of my character, threw them both into Photoshop and played around until I settled on something I liked (within the rather tiny limits of STO's forum).
Success, I finally created my signature, what do ya think?
Commander
# 152
07-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
@general1devon: Glad you think so, though I didn't have it generated anywhere. Found a system with the lighting I wanted, took a screenshot of my ship, went into the tailor and took a screenshot of my character, threw them both into Photoshop and played around until I settled on something I liked (within the rather tiny limits of STO's forum).
Success, I finally created my signature, what do ya think? if i can get it to show that is
Banned
# 153
07-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by general1devon View Post
Success, I finally created my signature, what do ya think? if i can get it to show that is
Certainly not bad for a first try. I just wish PWE's sig standards weren't so small, so the text I have in this sig would be more readable.

Aw well. Less than a month, that won't matter.
Commander
# 154
07-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Certainly not bad for a first try. I just wish PWE's sig standards weren't so small, so the text I have in this sig would be more readable.

Aw well. Less than a month, that won't matter.
whys that?
Captain
# 155
07-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Aside from that, the DPS of the cannons/turrets is actually very high. I apologize you overlooked the final numbers in most of the matches. If you read, I am either the top damage dealer, or very close to it. Aside from that, I've made many solo kills in there without my lance, just secondary weapons fire, almost every time without team assistance. I apologize you missed those as well.
I don't mean to rain on your parade dude but it's pretty easy to top damage charts in public queues with the silliest of builds. I've done it in a single-cannon Excel before (as well as topping the K/D/A charts). Torpedo Sci boats can reach silly high numbers. I'm not saying anything about the effectiveness of the build (I suppose it depends just what you're aiming for) but it's worth remembering.
Captain
# 156
07-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Isn't that great with STO? Engage brain and win. Not open wallet then win.

As for the OP, I use a combination of your build and tactica with revelations gleaned from the Dragon and my own experience. Personal preference, but it works, and I'm not a liability.

Keep updating, Hakaishin! It'll be an honor to fly with you some day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Banned
# 157
08-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I don't mean to rain on your parade dude but it's pretty easy to top damage charts in public queues with the silliest of builds. I've done it in a single-cannon Excel before (as well as topping the K/D/A charts). Torpedo Sci boats can reach silly high numbers. I'm not saying anything about the effectiveness of the build (I suppose it depends just what you're aiming for) but it's worth remembering.
You're actually correct, but part of my post was notating that in less than 17 seconds of nothing but my cannons/turrets firing, I destroyed a fellow member of SOB (granted, was in 12th Fleet back then). SOB hosts some of the best PvPers available.

The damage potential is undeniable.

The top number charts are normally because I'm dealing ridiculous lance damage which stacks up in a match over that of my allies, further making these numbers less accurate.

And a lot of my time is spent cloaked - my allies will often engage the enemy sometimes a full minute before I even enter the fight. This is done to catch enemies off guard and effectively 1-shot them.

Still, I suppose this is one notion that is worth greater scrutiny.
Banned
# 158
08-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Isn't that great with STO? Engage brain and win. Not open wallet then win.

Hakaishin: Except even the Galaxy-X is 2,000 Zen, the Venture upgrade another 1,200 Zen.

I agree it takes brain over wallet, but they're steadily (especially with Fleet Ships) making your wallet more and more necessary.

As for the OP, I use a combination of your build and tactica with revelations gleaned from the Dragon and my own experience. Personal preference, but it works, and I'm not a liability.

Hakaishin: I trained Dragon. LOL So in essence, you're using a combination of my build and my build.

Keep updating, Hakaishin! It'll be an honor to fly with you some day.
Hope to see you in GW2 and/or MWO.
Career Officer
# 159
08-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Looks like the Boss got banned for yapping off again, but perhaps he'll return one day in another alt.

But, we can keep the light on here for hom and those who want to fly a Gal-X dread properly.
Commander
# 160
08-06-2012, 07:18 PM
If has is still on, or you can read this, I would love to PvP you one of these days. I have a Beam Boat Dreadnought. Made for Endurance with High DPS. If you are ever in game, Pm me
Skywalker@starcommando101
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Closed Thread