Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Ensign
# 121
07-29-2012, 11:58 PM
My apologies for putting you on ignore i was in the middle of a battle and i accidently hit ignore instead of friend well anyway here i am and im ready to join up...
Captain
# 122
07-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhorton View Post
My apologies for putting you on ignore i was in the middle of a battle and i accidently hit ignore instead of friend well anyway here i am and im ready to join up...
Redneck engineered our way around the Ignore List bug have we?

Redneck software engineering ftw

Welcome aboard and may it be smooth sailing from hereon. See you amongst the stars.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 123
08-02-2012, 06:24 AM
Are you sick of people acting like smartasses and prescribing complex solutions for simple problems?

In this fleet we let the new players take charge because they know what exactly they need and it's not necessary for self-appointed veterans to act like dictators saying do this, do that and leave the new guys totally clueless and unable to solve problems by themselves.

A lot of people wonder as well why we are creating "new forms of gameplay" and getting confused if we are actually doing elite team ops, roleplaying or some wierd hybrid of both.

The fact is we're not doing anything but treating human players like human beings, thus opening the possibility of using real world logic for team building and player development.

While a lot of people would approach a "what should I do with a cruiser" question from a newbie pilot with a wide variety of do-this-do-that suggestions, I find that a far more effective approach is not to dictate but to coach and mentor in a congenial, non-obstructive format.

After all, everyone has their own vision of what a science fiction spaceship does in combat and how it achieves victory.

Translating ideas into victory is what we do in Redneck Academy. We end up not with a bunch of guys who need direct orders from commanders. We have a team that is dynamic, unified and capable of operating in a very diverse and dynamic order of battle... in short, we work best with PUGs, because we don't discriminate, and we can work with anyone to create battle-winning strategies on the fly.

The internet is rife with useless advice and negative commentary, so why not implement some corporate social responsibility from the real world and encourage new players to learn at their own pace and explore their new home away from home?
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 124
08-03-2012, 03:09 AM
The reason for increased Elite Space STF apparent difficulty is due to the enhanced plasma weapons proc. Here are some easy counters and pointers on how to use the nifty new undocumented features in Season 6, ranging from defence suppression ability (polaron cannon rapid fire) to automatic repair (SIF generators)

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=1#post5109261

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 125
08-04-2012, 12:33 AM
yup when the change started i died a lot had to switch up my armor set up. now running 3 blue mk xi nuetronium because i had them only reason

for STF you only need monotanium and elctro something something the plasma tetrion armor those 2 would be enough.
Ensign
# 126 A Newbie reflects...
08-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Hello!

I have been a part of Redneck Academy for a few months now. I started as a Lt. Commander. Now I am a Rear Admiral. My progression has been greatly aided by my affiliation with this Fleet. If I have a question, I have only to ask. The answer I needed, as well as any background information relevent to the question, is conveyed in a kind and positive manner.

We campaign together on the ground and in space. I have learned a great deal by watching the actions of the veteran players. Reading their chat messages in battle give me a great insight into what to do to be successfull.

There is no pressure, or, any negativity involved with participating in Fleet activity, no matter your level of experience. It really is a lot of fun to be a part of this highly knowledgeable and experienced group. Anyone from Ensign on up is welcome. There is even a strong KDF presence for those who enjoy the Klingon way of life.

If you are looking for a place to call home in the STO environment, the Redneck Academy could be what you are looking for. Give us a try.

R. Admiral Bamm-Bamm Hammer
Captain
# 127
08-07-2012, 03:26 AM
In today's fluff post I talk about animating attack patterns by enhancing them with your own custom boff power chains and piloting habits.

You too can be Ben Sisko in the Defiant

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=1#post5161761

ps. Also a retro discussion to our infamous taco-powered Attack Pattern Diarrhea III.

Lastly,

I will also be producing magazine-format STF and Fleet Action guides, this concept for graphical-based coaching is presented here:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...41#post5161941

My Youtube Channel

Last edited by carmenara; 08-07-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Captain
# 128
08-07-2012, 06:07 PM
that sounds like a great idea
Captain
# 129
08-07-2012, 07:15 PM
In preparation for the long weekend, here are some creative ads for Star Trek drinks:

http://io9.com/5932449/vintage-star-...-your-quarters

My Youtube Channel
Ensign
# 130 RE: STO STF Magazine..
08-07-2012, 08:21 PM
That sounds like a cool idea!

I am looking forward to seeing what you create. The example you posted is great. Very professional looking. Love that ship and the write up. Wouldn't mind having one of those in the game.

Bamm-Bamm Hammer, Admiral
Redneck Academy