Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Empire Veteran
Not sure if anyone else has posted about this. Did a quick look of thread titles but didn't see anything.

During STFs or fleet missions (probably just any space battle), sometimes after being hit by a torp that stuns my ship (like tricobalt or the photonic blast torpedo thing the feds have in the fleet events), things that were firing like beam banks or eject warp plasma after the stun is over remain permanently disabled.

I've gone through several STFs and fleet events (specced with 3 fore and aft beam arrays) with nothing but 3 or 4 beams out of 6 working. 1 front beam could be down and 2 rear down, or just all 3 rear beams permanently down. Can happen in any combination it seems.

I've also had it happen to my eject warp plasma 3 ability. Ejecting it and ship gets stunned then it's permanently disabled. Happened once or twice since the recent patch.

I can change boffs, but switching back to the original one, EWP3 is still disabled. Not sure what would happen if I switched to another boff with the same power.

Same with the beam arrays, switch them out works fine for other beams no problem, but put the originals back in and they stay disabled. Switch the position they're in and everything. No joy.

The only thing I found that solves it is dying and respawning. Everything comes good again.

Anyone else come across this?
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
Not sure if anyone else has posted about this. Did a quick look of thread titles but didn't see anything.

During STFs or fleet missions (probably just any space battle), sometimes after being hit by a torp that stuns my ship (like tricobalt or the photonic blast torpedo thing the feds have in the fleet events), things that were firing like beam banks or eject warp plasma after the stun is over remain permanently disabled.

I've gone through several STFs and fleet events (specced with 3 fore and aft beam arrays) with nothing but 3 or 4 beams out of 6 working. 1 front beam could be down and 2 rear down, or just all 3 rear beams permanently down. Can happen in any combination it seems.

I've also had it happen to my eject warp plasma 3 ability. Ejecting it and ship gets stunned then it's permanently disabled. Happened once or twice since the recent patch.

I can change boffs, but switching back to the original one, EWP3 is still disabled. Not sure what would happen if I switched to another boff with the same power.

Same with the beam arrays, switch them out works fine for other beams no problem, but put the originals back in and they stay disabled. Switch the position they're in and everything. No joy.

The only thing I found that solves it is dying and respawning. Everything comes good again.

Anyone else come across this?

YES me and startin to get sick of it every mission i'm in lost a lot of fleet marks ecd's and even leaver bans as i've lost all my beam weapons did not know about respawning thro i'll try it next it happens(as it will).

Should not happen in the first place like...
Empire Veteran
# 3
07-29-2012, 10:50 AM
I get the same issue outside of STF's. In fact, in every space battle where I've gotten stunned by a torpedo, this happened.

But dying and respawning isn't the only way to cure it. Sometimes after turning my weapon's firing arc out of range of my target (greying them out and leaving them way for several seconds), then trying again, sometimes that cures it. Emphasis on sometimes.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Yup right behind you guys with that..........and it doesnt remove itself unless you go BOOM!!!!
Captain
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Ah thanks frtoaster, that first one looks the best.

PvP section, that's why I didn't find anything.

Might go cross post in there so Borticus has all the info in one place.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser