Captain
I have been using Borg XII disruptor weapons for some time, with a few standard disruptor beams with increased accuracy. I fly a Bortasqu' COmmand (i.e., science version). I am considering switching to the plasma-disruptor beams (minus the dual beams, since these are not available in the hybrid mode). Does anyone have any experience/konwledge that might support or problematize this proposal? Thanks in advance.
Career Officer
# 2
07-30-2012, 05:03 AM
Well, with the exception of the Phased Tetryons, all the hybrid weapons only go up to blue-quality Mk 11s.
Rihannsu
# 3
07-30-2012, 05:10 AM
It might have been fixed, but at one time P/D weapons did more damage than most MK12s.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Ensign
# 4
07-30-2012, 05:23 AM
I used to run 4 pla/dis cannons on my fed toon, they were good, but since that ominous patch that killed their dps haven't been using them, if they fixed that and gave it old DPS, well, i would reconsider changing setup on my Klingon toon... will take a look...
"I condemn false prophets, the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all."
Gene Roddenberry (1921-1991)
Captain
# 5
07-30-2012, 06:15 AM
Thanks for this prompt input everyone. Please feel free to leave more if you see a gap in the conversation.
Career Officer
# 6
07-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It might have been fixed, but at one time P/D weapons did more damage than most MK12s.
That would just be the -10% damage resistance from the disruptor proc, coupled with the DoT of the plasma proc. A formidable combination if you are the Random Number God's Chosen One. Us mere mortals will have to settle for getting lucky.
Empire Veteran
# 7
07-31-2012, 06:23 AM
At one point they were bugged and did way too much damage, but that was fixed long ago.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Empire Veteran
# 8
07-31-2012, 06:51 AM
Really? I thought that at one point thier accuracy was 75% instead of the 7.5% the item description said, thus they hit more often they they should have.
Which was fixed some time ago.
Iether way, I find them subpar to weapons with Acc/CritH/CritS modifiers. That is my personal preference though.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.