Ensign
# 1 Lost Account and Log-In
07-17-2012, 07:33 AM
So today i decided to start playing STO again. Since i have a Lifetime Sub which i bought ages ago, i thought it would be simple to start playing.....HOW WRONG I WAS

Firstly, my lifetime account is now gone, no characters, no borg no nothing. After linking cryptic to PWE a little while back I now have no clue what is going on. I log in to game, no characters, fair enough, so i make a new one, no BORG option. now im pissed. $300 and **** all to show for it.

Now to top it all off i can't even log into the game as it states Too many attempts, please try again later. IT IS NOW LATER AND STILL CANT LOG IN.

PWE YOU HAVE ****ED THIS ALL UP. YOUR STUPID ****ING LINKING OF ACCOUNTS BULL**** HAS MADE EVERYTHING TO CRAZY, PPL ARE LOSING THEIR ORIGINAL ACCOUNTS.

SO, now how do i find out the details to my original account if that particular email is no longer in use?

there had better be a way to fix this complete ****ing mess of a thing, or else i will go to higher authoroties
Career Officer
# 2
07-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Have you looked at this thread???

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=268025

If you haven't gone through the Password Recovery process, you need to contact Cryptic Support here...

http://support.crypticstudios.com/

then you can merge the account with your PWE account...

If you have already recovered your password, then you need to contact Cryptic Support to report that your Account was hacked, and the last previous date you had your characters, so Cryptic can recover your account...

Also, if you haven't played in awhile, there is the possibility that your account was moved to 'Inactive Storage'. It can take as many as 4 - 6 successful logins into your account to have it moved back into 'Active Storage'...

(Also note: it was your responsibility to keep the contact information on your Account up to date...)

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 07-17-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Ensign
# 3
07-17-2012, 08:16 AM
not much help been there done that and the cryptic account recovery pages dont work.

and as to MY RESPONSIBILITY, as far as i know i am still using the same email as i originally was, just now the user name and password that it provides me DONT WORK.

Originally i bought the game from a shop, being a couple years back now and several house moves i have lost the case and disk and subsequently the cd-key aswell, so recently i downloaded through steam and since it it now F2P i did not have to enter any key to get it running. So how am i meant to retrieve my KEY now.

Also now i am stuck with this bullcrap 'TOO MANY LOGIN ATTEMPT's, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER"
Ensign
# 4
07-30-2012, 08:41 AM
I have this exact same problem, only I have my login info just all my characters are gone and my subscription status says: "none"

am I screwed?