Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 1 Water Splashiness effect gone?
07-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Is it just me or is the Water Splashiness that Taco added to Starfleet Academy and the First City just gone?

Why do things that worked fine before get randomly reverted to a former state so often?
Captain
# 2
07-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Yep, already mentioned here and put on my list here.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Is it just me or is the Water Splashiness that Taco added to Starfleet Academy and the First City just gone?

Why do things that worked fine before get randomly reverted to a former state so often?
You mean like the customization options in the tailor? Or the DOFF interface which was formerly sleek and managable, but now loud, oversized, and eye-searing?

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 9 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online
Captain
# 4
07-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcrayven View Post
You mean like the customization options in the tailor? Or the DOFF interface which was formerly sleek and managable, but now loud, oversized, and eye-searing?
Yes Like that.

May the Prophets guide us in these cryptic times....
Captain
# 5
07-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
~snip

One might theorize that it has something to do with someone feeling overconfident...

While I was studying, one of my design teachers told me this "The most common mistake in design is, that once people reached a really good result, they tend to want to add some extra spice... messing up the cake in the process".
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Hypothesis: Code gets branched off for work on Season releases, while bugs get fixed in the live version. When the Season code gets merged back in, many of the fixes are lost and need to be re-done.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Career Officer
# 7
07-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Hypothesis: Code gets branched off for work on Season releases, while bugs get fixed in the live version. When the Season code gets merged back in, many of the fixes are lost and need to be re-done.
Bingo! To add to this, changes done for a release then pulled for whatever reason are often branched out so work is not lost, then merged into a later build.

Plus all developers usually work locally before merging their code to a shred repository or branch. If it was a big project, the branch has likely changed since they started as others are working on the same code as well.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor