Rihannsu
# 11
07-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkraust View Post
I just noticed this one:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66465223/DSG...0730101811.png

As I was flying away from the gateway, fired all weapons by mistake, as I entered cloak it attacked me and I lived.

But look at that Plasma damage Proc. That's doing over 1K damage just with plasma damage.
(Note, this Projectile goes faster than Evasive Maneuvers at full throttle with a BoP.)
That Proc is normal. Plasma damage procs are a percentage of the raw damage the torps did. So absurd raw damage leads to absurd Proc damage.

And yeah, Borg super-torps deal ABSURD amounts of damage.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 12
07-30-2012, 10:39 AM
I've never seen this "magically invisible" torpedo in over 100+ STFs. All torpedos have been visible. There's still torpedoes just because they aren't High Yield, and they still hit for significant damage, but they are still visible.

Anyway there's several solutions to address Torpedo damage from Gates.

A) Invest in some Electroceramic Hull Plating Engineering consoles.
B) Invest in a Shield with Plasma Resistance, like M.A.C.O. or Omega.
C) Keep your shields up and don't take a hull hit (Tac Team, TSS, Sci Team ect).
D) Gates have blindspots between 9km and 10km ranges on their flanks.
Republic Veteran
# 13
07-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkraust View Post
I just noticed this one:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66465223/DSG...0730101811.png

As I was flying away from the gateway, fired all weapons by mistake, as I entered cloak it attacked me and I lived.

But look at that Plasma damage Proc. That's doing over 1K damage just with plasma damage.
(Note, this Projectile goes faster than Evasive Maneuvers at full throttle with a BoP.)
http://www.stowiki.org/Ability:_Hazard_Emitters. There's no reason to enter a Space STF without that ability, even Ensign rank is more than sufficient, it instantly cures the DoT and heals your hull at the same time.
Commander
# 14
07-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
I've never seen this "magically invisible" torpedo in over 100+ STFs. All torpedos have been visible. There's still torpedoes just because they aren't High Yield, and they still hit for significant damage, but they are still visible.

Anyway there's several solutions to address Torpedo damage from Gates.

A) Invest in some Electroceramic Hull Plating Engineering consoles.
B) Invest in a Shield with Plasma Resistance, like M.A.C.O. or Omega.
C) Keep your shields up and don't take a hull hit (Tac Team, TSS, Sci Team ect).
D) Gates have blindspots between 9km and 10km ranges on their flanks.
doesnt work. had all mk11 blue neutroniums, maco shield, 'nx' oddy, e2s3 and brace for impact up at full shields and still got one shotted. the torps do more like 1mill-2mill damage, but shields absorb 90-95% of that.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Commander
# 15
07-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Borg plasma torpedoes do around 50k-59k, where are you getting 1-2 million?

One thing I have noticed about borg torpedoes besides the invisotorpofdeath, and massive critical that still occurs from HYs is that they blow through your shields like you don't even have them. I thought shields were supposed to nullify almost all incoming kinetic damage. Hell I can't kill something with a torpedo boat without draining it's shields, you can't just use a torp and blast through shields like they're tissue paper. HAX!!!

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Commander
# 16
07-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
Borg plasma torpedoes do around 50k-59k, where are you getting 1-2 million?

One thing I have noticed about borg torpedoes besides the invisotorpofdeath, and massive critical that still occurs from HYs is that they blow through your shields like you don't even have them. I thought shields were supposed to nullify almost all incoming kinetic damage. Hell I can't kill something with a torpedo boat without draining it's shields, you can't just use a torp and blast through shields like they're tissue paper. HAX!!!
You are getting 45-50K AFTER the innate 90 percent resist of a shield. Getting killed through shields means the 'invisa torp' did 10 times the damage that actually hit your hull, 90 percent of it just happened to be absorbed.
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
07-30-2012, 03:52 PM
These torps do utterly bonkers amounts of damage. It's insane that you can't see them, hear them, smell them and yet they will come and pop even the toughest ships around in one go.

But the worst was the Iso charges used by the neghvars in CSE. I saw more than once guys being hit for more than 1 million damage on shielded arcs! How on earth is someone supposed to resist that? Heck, I even saw an iso charge 1 shot the kang while the neghvar was still flying around the cube. The chain damage for that one jumped across the large number of pets that were buzzing about, but even so that shouldn't have happened!

Btw, in canon when did the borg ever use torps? I only recall them using beams and the odd cannon.
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Commander
# 18
07-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
These torps do utterly bonkers amounts of damage. It's insane that you can't see them, hear them, smell them and yet they will come and pop even the toughest ships around in one go.

But the worst was the Iso charges used by the neghvars in CSE. I saw more than once guys being hit for more than 1 million damage on shielded arcs! How on earth is someone supposed to resist that? Heck, I even saw an iso charge 1 shot the kang while the neghvar was still flying around the cube. The chain damage for that one jumped across the large number of pets that were buzzing about, but even so that shouldn't have happened!

Btw, in canon when did the borg ever use torps? I only recall them using beams and the odd cannon.
What's funny is that the sto borg never use the weapon that the tng borg used the most often: that strange vibrating beam that blasted whole fleets to bits. They should use that.
Commander
# 19
07-30-2012, 05:09 PM
I get it. I know how to counter Borg Torpedoes, I played this game on my BoP just to see how the damage was done. My Fed has run well over 100 STFs (Mainly Elites) And I know that the Torps can easily be countered with Shields.

My current BoP build is a Joke build. I am just trying out different things.

I am terrible at this game. I have 7 Lv 50 accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
watch the episode of voyager where the delta flyer gets owned by the tac cube with . . . gravametric torpedoes

2 torps take the shields then two takes the flyer