Ensign
# 1 Another Netflix free zen Story
07-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Just thought I'd share that I also tried to sign up for the free Netflix trial to earn the Zen Reward. I went through all the stuff via the peanut labs application or website or whatever it is that's embedded in the "earn zen" link here.

I signed up for the trial via that with no problem. Come the following Monday I still had not received my zen, so I filed a support ticket with peanut labs. I sent them the screenshot of the verification e-mail from netflix, and the offer shows as OPEN in the "my rewards" tab here. I'm really not sure how much more clear-cut it could be. It is now almost Thursday and they are telling me I will not be rewarded "because there's no proof I completed through peanut labs". Even though I used their links right here on this website.

Below are some of the back and forth on my support ticket.

Quote:
Farid M

I've already reached out to Netflix and the results that they have tracked has been sent to you; at this point we cannot award you because we would be losing money since there is no evidence of this being completed through Peanut Labs.

I said
about 1 hour ago
No_name

No one else has access to this machine, and I completed the offer through the Peanut Labs application. You are correct in that I have opened multiple different offers on this account, but the netflix trial is the only one I have completed. I have provided the screenshots I have available to prove I did in fact complete the registration, and it even shows the offer is opened on your application on the Perfect World website. Is there some way you can contact Netflix with this and straighten it out as there is little more I know of to do on my end. I saved the email from netflix as per the help instructions on your website.
more ?

They said
about 2 hours ago
Farid M

At some point you (or someone that has access to your computer) attempted to complete two separate Netflix offers. I just looked and you do not have one complete offer with us out of all your attempts which leads me to believe that there is something wrong on your end with your setup.

I said
about 2 hours ago
No_name

I'm not aware of completing 2 offers? As I said, I looked at it some time ago, and decided not to sign up for the trial at that time (I was getting ready to move). Perhaps for some reason it logged something separately that shouldn't have been?

As I also said previously I have NEVER had a netflix trial or membership. The only other time I've even looked at it was through the Perfect World site, and I didn't finish that offer, or even complete the signup as I didn't want to try it at that time.
more ?

They said
about 2 hours ago
Farid M

I see that you attempted to complete two Netflix offers based on your user ID history, any reason why that would be the case?

I said
about 3 hours ago
No_name

As an addendum: I have NEVER signed up for netflix, trial or membership, before, with that e-mail or any other.

I said
about 3 hours ago
No_name

The only possibility i can think of is I opened this offer through peanut labs some time ago (around the last week of june) when the Star Trek Online site was initially migrated to Perfect World Entertainment. After determining I did not wish to complete the trial at that time I closed it. I decided to finish signing up for the trial last week, and did so through the Peanut Labs application on the Perfect World Website.
more ?

They said
about 4 hours ago
Farid M

Netflix is telling us that promotion as initiated through Peanut Labs was never initiated. That means Netflix is not paying us and we can't pay you. That doesn't mean you didn't sign up for Netflix of course! Can you help us figure out where it went wrong? It seems like you may have signed up for Netflix in the past if it was auto-filling in that field which would result it not getting credits.

I said
about 5 hours ago
No_name

Nothing happened during sign-up that would explain this. I signed up through for the offer through your application embedded on the Perfect World Website (in the "earn Zen" tab). When I signed up, I clicked on the offer in the peanut labs page on the website, which took me to a netflix signup. When I was at the netflix page, it already had the same e-mail I use for my Perfect World account in the e-mail field, which seems to indicate they must have gotten it through peanut labs or PWE since I didn't manually input it. It also says the offer is "open" on the My Zen Rewards, Offers tab of the "need help" part of your application on the Perfect World Website.

They said
about 6 hours ago
Farid M

According to our history and the tracker Netflix provides from us there is no record found of you attempting to complete this offer through Peanut Labs. Did anything happen during your sign up that may have caused this? Did you possibly sign up for Netflix through another outlet? Thanks

I said
about 23 hours ago
No_name

I have waited the requested 24 hour time period to see if the proper credit (zen) would be credited to me, and it still has not. I have attached a screenshot of the e-mail I received from netflix verifying i have signed up for their trial offer as required for the credit.

If you would please have the appropriate credits attributed to my Power World account, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
I can't seem to find any live human beings to talk to about this at PWE, and I dont really expect anything to come of sharing this, so at this point I guess I'm SOL.

Regardless, the moral of what I'm trying to share I guess is: If you are considering these things, think twice, and if you do try it, there's a very good chance you're not going to get anything out of it.

Hope the rest of you have a better experience!

Last edited by velzandar; 07-11-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Ensign
# 2
07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Velzandar:

I'm glad I've read this now. This is, in fact, just what I wanted to know; how legitimate these Zen sign ups are. Now that I've read your post I know. Thanks.
Career Officer
# 3
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
All of the offers are very touchy. You basically have to do it all in one shot, including e-mail verification and everything, preferably without ever closing browser windows. PitA.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Ensign
# 4
07-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Damn I read this too late. Apparently clicking the offer button, being prompted to "finish your sign up" doesn't count. What a sleazy practice.

I've since opened a ticket with PWE. I'll try to contact PL as well.
Career Officer
# 5
07-30-2012, 12:57 AM
Their shady business practices aren't limited to the promos, I've lost access to multiple ships in the store since they've made it Zen, they are giving me the run around about getting my ships access back since it is in fact their database systems that are corrupt and barely readable by even their own GM staff apparently.

Thanks for the warning but somehow I don't think anything will come of it.
Captain
# 6
07-30-2012, 11:08 AM
I signed up for the Netflix one as well. Then I checked the PWE and got a message that I dont qualify for offers. So I cancelled the sub and forgot about it. This was about a week after the switch to the account link fiasco. Well I guess I lucked out as three days ago I got the free zen. Its been what a month since then?

So one month to get the ZEN for the Netflix promo. (I went back and checked the dates.)

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs

Last edited by admrenlarreck; 07-30-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Lieutenant
# 7
07-30-2012, 04:40 PM
I have not had a stipend since pwe account. Maybe earlier, I just know for sure I did not get it since.
Captain
# 8
07-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein1 View Post
I have not had a stipend since pwe account. Maybe earlier, I just know for sure I did not get it since.
I've gotten mine. Keep in mind that it doesn't show up under the Account section where you think it would - that's not adjusted to Cryptic's system yet. You need to check your balance in the C-Store.
Captain
# 9
07-30-2012, 06:56 PM
You have all the documentation to prove it. They are denying it.

Submit a complaint with the better business bureau. They will have 30 days to provide their evidence or lack of and resolve the problem. Failure to do that would result in a mark on their record. Too many black marks earns them a black list with the major companies like visa/amex/paypal, etc. You see where this is going.

PWE as a partner in this system and who'se website not only links to but operates the functionality of peanut labs in this matter should also receive their own separate report so they get to answer to this problem as well.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
# 10
07-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
You have all the documentation to prove it. They are denying it.

Submit a complaint with the better business bureau. They will have 30 days to provide their evidence or lack of and resolve the problem. Failure to do that would result in a mark on their record. Too many black marks earns them a black list with the major companies like visa/amex/paypal, etc. You see where this is going.

PWE as a partner in this system and who'se website not only links to but operates the functionality of peanut labs in this matter should also receive their own separate report so they get to answer to this problem as well.
The BBB is meaningless and a toothless organization. They have as much power as the FDA has over gun control. IE, nothing. Cryptic has had an F rating with the BBB for years and they're still doing business with Visa and Paypal without any problems.