Career Officer
# 11
07-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Blocking team invites doesn't block fleet invites (trust me.) There's no way to block fleet invites, which is truly aggravating. I tried the fleet thing for a while, it did little to enhance my gameplay, so I left. Now, since none of my characters are in a fleet anymore, I again get those annoying invites all the time. If I wanted to be in a fleet, I'd be in one!

Honestly, I don't even know why people constantly invite people they don't know into their fleets. If I had a fleet, I'd only invite friends. I wouldn't invite anybody and everybody into my fleet. After all, what do you know about some random yahoo you pass in sector space? But, since we can't do anything about the people who do this, please give us the option to block fleet invites.

Last edited by evilgenius180; 07-31-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Captain
# 12
07-31-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgenius180 View Post
Blocking team invites doesn't block fleet invites (trust me.) There's no way to block fleet invites, which is truly aggravating. I tried the fleet thing for a while, it did little to enhance my gameplay, so I left. Now, since none of my characters are in a fleet anymore, I again get those annoying invites all the time. If I wanted to be in a fleet, I'd be in one!

Honestly, I don't even know why people constantly invite people they don't know into their fleets. If I had a fleet, I'd only invite friends. I wouldn't invite anybody and everybody into my fleet. After all, what do you know about some random yahoo you pass in sector space? But, since we can't do anything about the people who do this, please give us the option to block fleet invites.
Click the little button to stop the invites

Social button to the right of the mini map - look at the bottom - privacy button - last clicky option
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Career Officer
# 13
08-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
Click the little button to stop the invites

Social button to the right of the mini map - look at the bottom - privacy button - last clicky option
That just blocks team invites. It doesn't block fleet invites. There's no way to block fleet invites.

Last edited by evilgenius180; 08-01-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 14
08-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgenius180 View Post
That just blocks team invites. It doesn't block fleet invites. There's no way to block fleet invites.
verlaine11 is correct This feature was added to the "Privacy Settings" recently (default key "o", "Find Team" tab, "Privacy" button in lower-right). If you would like to block fleet invitations, make sure "Allow fleet invitations:" is set to the "Off" radio button.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 15
08-01-2012, 06:53 PM
OK, thanks. I stand corrected. I'll have a look at it later, when I'm in the game. Since it was recently added, I probably didn't know it was there (it wasn't last time I looked.)