Empire Veteran
# 21
07-31-2012, 09:25 PM
chrono mines procing 100% is ludicrous. at 33% theres a huge chance 1 of the 5 mines was gonna proc you, there was NO absence of procs from them

transphasics reducing the ability to heal shields sounds like the most broken addition yet. 90% or more of someones survivability in pvp relies on a persons ability to heal their shields and stack resists on them. if getting hit with transphasic mines reduces some ones ability to heal shields, you just removed 50% of their defense. you might as well double the amount of damage every weapon does in game, this change is THAT bad.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]Transphasic Mines:
  • Increased shield bleedthrough from 40% to 80%.
Now if the torpedos got that buff they'd be perfect.
-It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
Empire Veteran
# 23
07-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Look people, the proc chance for chrono may be 100%, but it CAN BE RESISTED. Previously, this wasn't possible.

And besides, even with this update, they're more useful, allowing them to be used comfortably, but not so much they're OP as some of you seem to think...

In other words, mines are now viable, if you so choose to use them. But they're still not an automatic win or OP anyway... the mines can be destroyed easily just like before.

Seems to me you're overreacting a little... just what I think.

But either way, right there in the patch notes, says this is still under consideration and feedback... so this isn't the final result.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 07-31-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Lieutenant
# 24
07-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Look people, the proc chance for chrono may be 100%, but it CAN BE RESISTED. Previously, this wasn't possible.

And besides, even with this update, they're more useful, allowing them to be used comfortably, but not so much they're OP as some of you seem to think...

In other words, mines are now viable, if you so choose to use them. But they're still not an automatic win or OP anyway... the mines can be destroyed easily just like before.

Seems to me you're overreacting a little... just what I think.

But either way, right there in the patch notes, says this is still under consideration and feedback... so this isn't the final result.
Wait.. you mean you're *surprised* at people complaining about proposed changes without even testing them? This is par for the course on these forums.
------------------------------------------------

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
Rihannsu
# 25
07-31-2012, 11:56 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91&postcount=1

The following above is a Bug dealing with Tricobalt Mines and Deployment Patterns.

Also, please change all Plasma Weapons Energy weapons to a higher Proc Rate to allow Stacking Procs like Plasma Mines. Plasma Mine Stacks are superior to Plasma Torpedo and Plasma Energy Weapons with the new changes. Especially if used from Dispersal Pattern Beta 3.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
  • Fleet Credits, Refined Dilithium, and Dilithium Ore are limited to 10 million each.
  • Fleet Marks is limited to 1 billion.
This seems ass-backwards. Fleet Credits should have a higher limit than Fleet Marks. Most people in the game have a low balance of Fleet Marks and a high balance of Fleet Credits. My own FC balance is over 1 million, and my starbase is only Tier 1. I'll hit a 10 million cap long before our starbase reaches T4, let alone T5.
Empire Veteran
# 27
08-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantavi View Post
Wait.. you mean you're *surprised* at people complaining about proposed changes without even testing them? This is par for the course on these forums.
Not at all... I'm just sad their level of reaction is this high. I get they have the right to feel the way they do, and react the way they do, etc.

I just wish they'd express those more explict comments OUTSIDE the forums, and let out their anger and frustration first, before they reveal the constructive aspects that are normally buried.

But I'm probably fooling myself. This is the internet after all.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Career Officer
# 28
08-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
UI:[*]Removed the non-functional Mouse4-Mouse8 buttons from bind window.
[/list]
uuuuh...?

i am using Mouse 4 + 5 and they work just fine on my Logitech G700...

http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/cgv4...0110001942.jpg

don't break my keybinds plz

(on the other hand you could remove those obsolete 30hz resolutions...
i have no idea with what kind of hardware you would need a 30hz resolution... an old PAL TV maybe? *shrug*)
Career Officer
# 29
08-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Why do the transphasic toros even need a shield heal debuff? I don't recall any pve stuff this would be useful against.

99% of the stuff they post to Tribble gets pushed live Reguardless of feedback or testing so why bother whn you can just wait 2 days? A lot of valid concern is being expressed here with no explanation as to why they feel that chrono mines need 100% proc chance or why transphasic torps need a shield heal debuff.

Those effect pvp way more then pve and for absolutely no reason they're gonna be put in.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
[...]
    • Fleet Credits, Refined Dilithium, and Dilithium Ore are limited to 10 million each.
[...]
ermmm... I'm already at two million..................