Starfleet Veteran
# 51
07-31-2012, 10:45 PM
I have a suggestion about Fleet progression.

Is there any way instead of saying Ranks X, Y, and Z can purchase from provisioned stores, that there can be a daily limit for different ranks? Rank X can buy 1 per day, Rank Y can buy 2, etc. A daily limit system is already in place with the fleet bank withdrawls per tab. This would REALLY help in doling out provisions.
Captain
# 52
07-31-2012, 10:49 PM
Funny how these KDF specific "bugs" never quite make that priority list and only get fixed after weeks of prodding if fixed at all. But you have been historically proficient at Stahling content.
All cloaks should be canon.
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
07-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Some rumor control...

<snip>

We haven't forgetten about KDF, or PVP, or Crafting, or Exploration, or any other feature we've all talked about addressing. We are simply being more pragmatic about how fast we can get to specific features - but our intention is to absolutely get to all of them as fast as we can.
Thanks for the visit Dan. I'm bunkering down and here for the long haul because STO is my MMO of choice. Really looking forward to Exploration so we can get a more Trek experience

Nice to see the "drive bye and wave" We need more regular rumour control like this.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net

Last edited by jkstocbr; 07-31-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
07-31-2012, 11:01 PM
double post? nope .. super merge

Last edited by jkstocbr; 07-31-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Career Officer
# 55
07-31-2012, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Thanks for the visit Dan. I'm bunkering down and here for the long haul because STO is my MMO of choice. Really looking forward to Exploration so we can get a more Trek experience

Nice to see the "drive bye and wave" We need more regular rumour control like this.
Hello, I'm Captain Vallent.

And, I approve of this message.

I am exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new civilizations in a galaxy far, far away...
With my Assault Cannon.
Commander
# 56
07-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the post dan, glad to know so much is still on its way.

I'm more then willing to give Cryptic some time to fix up season 6. The game is F2P folks should learn to be a bit more understanding when big updates are pushed out.

I haven't been hit by the bugs and considering I'm in a solo fleet I'm not all angry about fleet progression. And I look forward to this month's ask cryptic.
Career Officer
# 57
07-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Funny how these KDF specific "bugs" never quite make that priority list and only get fixed after weeks of prodding if fixed at all. But you have been historically proficient at Stahling content.
I would like more KDF stuff but I see nothing sinister here.

Let me explain.

Bugs tend to be character or power specific. This is partly because much of what Cryptic's engine does, including missions, draws from character data. Bugs are frequently character specific issues. Even detailed repro steps may not reproduce a bug without knowing the species, ship, kit, weapons, and even character specific features. Anything less common is harder to track.

Beyond that, bug fixes and priority tend to be noticed based on frequency of reports and triaged based on number affected.

I'd guess there are as many or more Vulcans alone as there are KDF characters. A Vulcan species bug would probably face the same unfortunate hurdles that a KDF bug would experience.

A Bajoran or Bolian bug would probably fare a bit worse.

It doesn't make them any less frustrating and I sincerely doubt Cryptic throws parties when KDF encounter a bug but I also think it helps to understand that the KDF faction is, if anything, harder to support than the Vulcans in game and probably not really more common. It's about number of reports and ease of replicating an issue, which is not the same as knowing it exists.

Even if Cryptic can replicate a bug, it's not the same as knowing why it happened.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 58
07-31-2012, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmichael07 View Post
..People (myself included) have been asking about the lack of a T5 Fleet Cruiser, given that the same tier Nova and Sabre are getting T5 variants....
We simply haven't communicated what we are doing about this yet. That doesn't mean we aren't listening or have selective hearing. It means that we aren't ready to discuss our solution for this yet, or that the solution is still in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbaldy View Post
I have a suggestion about Fleet progression.

Is there any way instead of saying Ranks X, Y, and Z can purchase from provisioned stores, that there can be a daily limit for different ranks? Rank X can buy 1 per day, Rank Y can buy 2, etc. A daily limit system is already in place with the fleet bank withdrawls per tab. This would REALLY help in doling out provisions.
This is being worked on to be released in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
name calling aside, there are lots of bugs to fix, but we do fix bugs regularly. It has little to do with it being a KDF bug and more to do about having the person who needs to fix the bug have time scheduled to do it. It is frustrating when you encounter a bug. I'm sorry that you've had to prod to get a specific bug addressed. We continually work on triaging and addressing bugs impacting the most number of players first, so some issues do fall by the wayside. This sucks and we'll get to it eventually.
Starfleet Veteran
# 59
07-31-2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:

This is being worked on to be released in August.

Thank you for the timely response. And you've also made me, as Subspace Radio's fleet leader, very happy with that information
Commander
# 60
07-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
We simply haven't communicated what we are doing about this yet. That doesn't mean we aren't listening or have selective hearing. It means that we aren't ready to discuss our solution for this yet, or that the solution is still in the works.
Ok, fair enough.

Now, the tricky question...

Would it have killed someone to stick their head into one of the MULTIPLE threads on the topic, and said the exact same thing, a few weeks back?

A simple "We hear you, we are looking at some options, and we are looking for a workable solution. Stay tuned and thanks for the feedback" would have gone a long ways towards settling down the angst about that particular subject, and at least would have told us players that our question / request had been heard.

That's all I'm saying. I understand if you guys need more time, or you have some things to consider. It would just be nice if some of the larger, more talked about issues/suggestions/requests that float around these boards got an acknowledgement of some sort, rather than galactic background noise.

Thanks for answering the question though. Appreciate it.
The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey