Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 735
# 11
07-31-2012, 11:36 PM
All in all, I like it!

Photons, quantums and plasmas are still a bit on the weak side tho...

Chronitons may be OP depending on how many times it stacks and how long each proc lasts, as you can easily be hit by 40 mines in a matter of a few seconds... Giving a total of 1000% movement debuff. (always remember to think "team" when skills are balanced)

Transphasics, love the shield heal debuff, althoug i assume its a cap debuff, not a resist debuff. Resist debuff would have been nicer.

4 Tricobs at once!!! :O Imagine this fully specced, on an escort with 5 TCD consoles! Gonna be awsome for STFs at least! (Hey Minimax! Time to make a new tric bomber build!)
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,531
# 12
07-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Not many seem to care to go on tribble to test any of the changes either because they don't care, or they can't.

Went on. Tested stuff. Laughed at a few things.. such as how insane plasma Mine DoT damage can get when Multiple Plasma Mines hit single targets. The new change to TRansphasic Damage looks cool, but No one was around for me to test the actual reason to try them out, the Shield heal debuff.

Tricobalt Mines have a bug, where when you use a Mine Dispersal Pattern, It does not put the Tricobalt Mine on cool down. So after the usual 15 Seconds of using a Mine Dispersal Pattern, you could either A: use another Dispersal Pattern, or B: Drop a Tric Mine before cauing a 60 Second cool down.

And as far as Chorniton Procs, I wouldn't know because using them on the borg isn't very productive.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 609
# 13
07-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Okay those transphasic mines concern me in terms of balance. Should be heavily tested amongst actual PvPers before implementation.

Resistable? "Disrupt Shields" this doesn't mean take shields down.... I hope...... that would be a very VERY bad idea.

Aside from that, anyway to resist a transphasic mine proc?

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 08-01-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 14
08-01-2012, 12:08 AM
You can clear the debuff with science team. And you can clear the mines of course.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 230
# 15
08-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Not many seem to care to go on tribble to test any of the changes either because they don't care, or they can't.
Why should we bother? This patch will go live tomorrow without any changes.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 735
# 16
08-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Resistable? "Disrupt Shields" this doesn't mean take shields down.... I hope...... that would be a very VERY bad idea.
as far as i understand, it reduces the efficiency of shield heals, that's all.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,531
# 17
08-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
Why should we bother? This patch will go live tomorrow without any changes.
Perhaps it's to find out what will be going live so you can be ready for it and not go into a Wild PVP Que and find your self on the wrong end of buffs that you never checked to see how badly broken they could, or would be.

But hey, why should anyone do that? Who cares if you get your butt handed to you by changes to powers you didn't expect.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,354
# 18
08-01-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Perhaps it's to find out what will be going live so you can be ready for it and not go into a Wild PVP Que and find your self on the wrong end of buffs that you never checked to see how badly broken they could, or would be.

But hey, why should anyone do that? Who cares if you get your butt handed to you by changes to powers you didn't expect.
I'm with hilbert on this. Why bother because you would never get enough time on tribble to do meaningful testing. If you find a bug, it will move to holodeck anyway. Tribble isnt a test server. Its just pointless now. Only use i have for it is skill tree planning. Thats where it ends for me.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 668
# 19
08-01-2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
I'm with hilbert on this. Why bother because you would never get enough time on tribble to do meaningful testing. If you find a bug, it will move to holodeck anyway. Tribble isnt a test server. Its just pointless now. Only use i have for it is skill tree planning. Thats where it ends for me.
Back when I subebed I didn't mind going on tribble and testing my own stuff now and then... really at this point ya what is the point to be honest. Its not a Test server at all its a Preview server... and I can wait till tomorrow when its live to file any bug reports I come across.

I do see your point Tea it would be nice if more testing go done... really though Cryptic has done it to themselves. No one is willing to test... for the reasons Naz and Mancon pointed out. Its going live regardless and even if 10 of us get on to test the night before it goes live... some d bag will find a way to make the changes annoying anyway.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 881
# 20
08-01-2012, 05:48 AM
Wow, systems team strikes again. So glad I'm playing mechwarrior right now!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:35 PM.