Lt. Commander
# 31
07-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Hmmm.. can we get some living quarters for our starbase?

(I.E 2 or 3 decks with living quarters for fleeties to "rent" .. Let us place our Trophys on the walls etc)

Failing that.. Can we get a firing range? (Dummys we can shoot at to try out new weapons etc)
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
07-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito1jast View Post
Hmmm.. can we get some living quarters for our starbase?

(I.E 2 or 3 decks with living quarters for fleeties to "rent" .. Let us place our Trophys on the walls etc)

Failing that.. Can we get a firing range? (Dummys we can shoot at to try out new weapons etc)
I support both of those requests
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-30-2012, 09:16 PM
While we're at it.

Can we get a STF vendor (Omega and Fed/KDF) and a normal vendor that sells hypos etc added to our base. DS9 lags the **** out of some of us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
07-31-2012, 07:13 PM
As someone else mentioned most fleets are a dozen members or less, and in the case of my small humble fleet none of us were around long enough to have huge stockpiles of anything. With several regular projects needing 10k dilithium, having a special project needing 200k and being limited time to start is/can be very overwhelming.

Would really love to see the special projects be 100k and either leave the normal projects at 10k or reduce those to 5k.

It seems more and more of the long time players are leaving or straight up quitting for good, and the majority **** is switching to the players that joined around f2p conversation.
Captain
I get that some smaller fleets are getting stuck. When the fleet bases were announced, I gave serious thought to trying to get one for myself. Even considered buying it...

The reality is that most countries cannot even support 1 fleet let alone multiples. The mechanics involved, and the costs are prohibitive. Ours should be no different.

The Mirror Empire fleet has approximately 260 members of which 40+ are active. It's taken the efforts of 20+ to get us within 50% of stage II. It's been a hard slog - some can donate more in terms of dilithium, while others work it out through Fleet Marks and crew.

At the end of the day everyone in our fleet has access to the provisions and new equipment. Costs are in-line, and we have a surplus of opportunity. It's fun - and to be frank - and is hard enough to discourage smaller fleets. I guess if you have the ZEN, you can buy your way to a Starbase. I like working for it.