Now are people spamming PSW
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 32
07-31-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
After 1 month out of the PVP due to pet spam, we enter with a fleet mate.
2 minutes later, 4 of my 6 weapons were lock and usless..

Good bye PVP for another month or two, good work Cryptic.
this has honestly happened to me more in pve fleet events then in pvp for me. i dread facing federation npcs now
Banned
# 33
08-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Now are people spamming PSW
This was going to be inevitable. At least the devs know now, instead of just having wild guesses.
Republic Veteran
# 34
08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
you do understand this is huge right?

you are admitting that basically, the foundation of this game (weapons and/or defense) is broken.

and that you have no clue how or why this is happening. matter of fact, there could be many reasons.

as a business leader responsable for tens of millions of dollars of annual revenue, if i got this response from one of my department heads i would be putting him on a 90 day action plan to either meet his job expectations or be removed from his position.
Glad I don't work for you. As someone who's managed people for years, I would never just give an ultimatum to an employee like that, especially if said employee wasn't on probation or somesuch. It's a terrible approach, and about the worst way to get the most from your employees.

But hey, you sound tough on an Internet forum. So there's that.
Banned
# 35
08-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsladewilson View Post
Glad I don't work for you. As someone who's managed people for years, I would never just give an ultimatum to an employee like that, especially if said employee wasn't on probation or somesuch. It's a terrible approach, and about the worst way to get the most from your employees.

But hey, you sound tough on an Internet forum. So there's that.
It's not like is the first time the employee has spit up such a response. Cryptic as a company repeatedly uses this line. It's kind of become a tired broken record at this point.

If my employer was as nice as the cryptic ones apparently are, my building would be a run down piece of garbage. And cars that I do work on, would catch fire, or have broken a piece of suspension and sent someone into a tree or something. Well all that would happen, if I had 0 sense of pride in my craftsmanship and work and my boss was an overly forgiving doormat anyway.
Lieutenant
# 36
08-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i think they have done an admirable job considering the foundation of the game was removed and replaced with the new code branch. that is almost guarantied to be a catastrophe when ever you do something like that to a complex computer problem. im always surprised the game works at all after a season change. there is no equal situation in a tangible business environment, if there were it would be unreasonable not to have a considerable margin of error built into the expectations
I dont think that just one case of bug would be enough for this, but this continued trend of failures and bugs, broken promises and denial would merit for some disciplinary action.

I dont like to mess with people jobs, I work myself cause I need it not that I like to spend 9 hours in an office, but I try to do my job properly.

Continued failures like this could easily end in job termination... in any kind of work

Or you could imagine a doctor, that in every surgery he performs, he gives the patient other diseases or complications...

The same is happening here, for every patch, for every change, a bug is created, and this is becoming common currency here... and people is not even aware of all the problems...

I happened to find out about this issue last night, when my defiant got useless, with all weapons disabled...

PvP is barely playable, scientist were completely removed by borticus, people don't play it due to several facts, and now you kill it even more?

Basically we have a MMO without PvP... and you do nothing about it.

Thank you.

BTW: With this franchise you have the chicken of golden eggs... and you are eating the chicken... good job.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 37
08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
pvp is the funnest, best content in game. it takes almost no effort to support it, we make the game play, they just have to make a map or 2, but they cant be bothered and instead focus on complex hard to make pve missions. for every pve mission they proboly could have made 10 pvp maps, for every pve mission they proboly could have made a new pvp game mode. the result from the time put in to making pvp content is extreamly high, it really is baffling that after this long there is still no real new addition to pvp.

ah, but no one plays it, well thats because the standard casual player has a skill level so unbelievably low that most are incapable of playing it. they have been trained to suck by the pve content, it takes no effort to blow away vast numbers of npcs, supposedly filled with thousands of crew, yet they are just treated like any other mmo critter.

the solution is npcs with resists, heals, and offensive abilities with high up times to simulate what its like to encounter another player's ship. the recent update was ok, but that just gave them ptw abilities and act more like advertisement of them then anything. maybe less ships should be slaughtered too, instead of kill 6 enemies, almost kill 1 and then watch it run off and fight it again half a map away after it has repaired, and then maybe have it escape and warp away more often then you kill it. that run away and encounter again mechanic is built into at least 2 pve missions already that i can think of, that wouldn't be new codeing.

if it weren't for the pvp, i would have been long gone, there isn't enough trek in game to have kept my attention. effortlessly facerolling carebears is only interesting for so long, and getting rolling has to be a bad experience for them, thus making them want to pvp less. the player base needs training, they need to feel what its like to be challenged but not overwhelmed, then they might try to improve, and find out how incredibly fun pvp can be. this will never happen as long as the pve content literally trains them to suck, and rewards them for sucking.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-01-2012, 03:51 PM
this was posted down in the bug forum about the weapon lock out.. so maybe a fix soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This is a known issue that we are investigating. Unfortunately, it's difficult to reproduce reliably, so nailing it down is difficult. Last I heard from our Software team, we're near the point of determining the ultimate culprit. Once that is done, a fix will be just around the corner. We're hoping to have it included in a patch very soon.

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Cryptic Studios Team
# 39
08-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcritz View Post
this was posted down in the bug forum about the weapon lock out.. so maybe a fix soon
As a further update:

Or code wizards believe they have found and fixed the issue, and have checked in the code changes that should eliminate this issue. QA will be tearing those changes apart over the next few days, and we'll be trying to push them live as soon as they're deemed safe and reliable.

Given our current patch schedule, I'd advise you to expect this during the later half of next week. But that's not a promise, only an estimate.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Banned
# 40
08-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
As a further update:

Or code wizards believe they have found and fixed the issue, and have checked in the code changes that should eliminate this issue. QA will be tearing those changes apart over the next few days, and we'll be trying to push them live as soon as they're deemed safe and reliable.

Given our current patch schedule, I'd advise you to expect this during the later half of next week. But that's not a promise, only an estimate.
If you guys would be so kind, can we keep the fix on tribble for longer than a week? That way I can thoroughly test, and attempt to rebreak it again. (I'm going to be playing Mechwarrior at launch. so understandably my game time is going to have a priority shift)

Last edited by mavairo; 08-01-2012 at 04:36 PM.