Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
# 11
08-01-2012, 09:32 PM
awsome again a maintaince in middle of eu timezone .. trying to make those us crybabys again happy perfectworld ?!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 12
08-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
you mean where the cam max zooms in on every map change? its hardly game breaking just really anoying
No I am talking about the camera changing itself to free cam every 30 to 60 seconds resulting in almost guaranteed death in PVP and the next 20 to 30 seconds going through menus.
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<

Last edited by realuniqueone; 08-01-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 146
# 13
08-01-2012, 09:39 PM
And no fix for the totally ruined plasmonic leech.

Way to go.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 14
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
Your camera choice is just that... a personal choice. It's not a game breaking bug because the game still functions fine; it's just not what you prefer. If you don't like the free camera, that's fine, but that doesn't make it a game breaking bug.
It is completely and utterly game breaking to anyone that doesn't use/like free cam.


Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
Also... no fix for ships spawning inside objects? In some places this is merely annoying; in others it's getting close to game breaking (unscannable nodes in Ker'rat because Borg ships are inside them shooting at you, for example).
That will never be fixed. They will remove ker'rat instead (which is probably why they made the quest into daily).
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 426
# 15
08-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone View Post
It is completely and utterly game breaking to anyone that doesn't use/like free cam.
Which is a personal preference. They aren't required to fix the game so that it works to your personal preference. The free camera isn't that hard to use; just use that until this very minor bug is repaired.

Quote:
That will never be fixed. They will remove ker'rat instead (which is probably why they made the quest into daily).
The bug also appears in episode missions like "Minefield". It needs to be fixed whether Ker'rat is removed or not.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 16
08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
Which is a personal preference. They aren't required to fix the game so that it works to your personal preference. The free camera isn't that hard to use; just use that until this very minor bug is repaired.
Probably 70% of people use free cam (because it is default), but the other 30% right now are basicly unable to play (or at the very least, enjoy) the game.

Fine, this is a very minor bug to you, but to the 30% it is completely unplayable.

Imagine for a second if it forced you to use chase cam (which you also hate with a passion) by switching itself to it every 30-60 seconds, would you be pleased? Would you even still be here one month later?

The worst part of this is there is already a fix as reported by a dev here, but for some stupid reason it is not being deployed.
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<

Last edited by realuniqueone; 08-01-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 20
# 17
08-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone View Post
Probably 70% of people use free cam (because it is default), but the other 30% right now are basicly unable to play (or at the very least, enjoy) the game.

Fine, this is a very minor bug to you, but to the 30% it is completely unplayable.

Imagine for a second if it forced you to use chase cam (which you also hate with a passion) by switching itself to it every 30-60 seconds, would you be pleased? Would you even still be here one month later?
To be honest with you i dont think i even know wtf you are going on about.... There is something preventing you from going into options and changing your cam?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 18
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by volk74 View Post
To be honest with you i dont think i even know wtf you are going on about.... There is something preventing you from going into options and changing your cam?
Well, yes. Things shooting me stop menus opening by targetting them again. The esc key deselects target on first press and then opens menu on second. I am in australia, by the second keypress getting to the server, i've already retargetted something due to latency - so the menu never opens. The options map icon is also mostly completely unresponsive in battle.

Then I finally get into the menu and spend 30 seconds changing the setting back, only to have it begin again 30-60 seconds later. I did not pay cryptic/pwe to go through menus.
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<

Last edited by realuniqueone; 08-01-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,329
# 19
08-01-2012, 10:10 PM
When is the fleet event calender going to starts showing the correct time for events you need to patch this
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 20
# 20
08-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Very odd, if its only happening to some users i would guess its a compatibility issue with some hardware or software with said hardware lol... It really all depends on the number of users effected as to how much a priority the fix is.. Say its a graphics card or GC software compatibility issue and its a rare card.. Prob low on the lists of fixes.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:24 PM.