Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Obviously:
Eject Warp Plasma
Plasma DoTs
Vent Theta Radiation

Newly Discovered:
Energy Siphon (The Drain)
Tyken's Rift (The Debuff)

Wonder if it slices.. dices.. and can make wonderful salads.
It clears Energy siphon and tykens rift? I did not know this :[
On energy siphons, considering the cooldowns of energy siphon and haz em comparatively this seems out of balance with energy drains/bonus' being primarily over time abilities. (So you don't gain the bonus/drain straight away)(Shorten energy siphon cd? shorten energy siphon from over time amount and increase energy drain? Make something else clear it?)

And as for tykens, well I don't think anything should clear something that has a physical presence that you can avoid via flying, it seems to defeat the point.

Just my opinion

Your Ramming Speed III deals 52098 (99235) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Remus.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Good Show sir.
08-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Nice post Dalnar. Your suggestion is intelligent and I wonder why we don't see suggestions as intelligent as this from Cryptic monkeys supposedly responsible for balancing this game. hmmmm.

Perhaps something not so chance based. But I get the idea and I'm liking the thinking behind your post.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.

Last edited by tripwire690; 08-02-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by captkirrahe View Post
It clears Energy siphon and tykens rift? I did not know this :[
On energy siphons, considering the cooldowns of energy siphon and haz em comparatively this seems out of balance with energy drains/bonus' being primarily over time abilities. (So you don't gain the bonus/drain straight away)(Shorten energy siphon cd? shorten energy siphon from over time amount and increase energy drain? Make something else clear it?)

And as for tykens, well I don't think anything should clear something that has a physical presence that you can avoid via flying, it seems to defeat the point.

Just my opinion
I also don't see a point in gravity well having barely enough repel to pull a runabout more powerful than a locomotive and capable of tractoring player starships 3 times its size in a single bound. Just saying.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.

Last edited by tripwire690; 08-02-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I say it again, let rank decide what it can clear.

Rank 1 counter clearing Rank 1 Ability = 100%
Rank 1 counter clearing Rank 2 Ability = 66% chance to clear it
Rank 1 counter clearing Rank 3 Ability = 33% chance to clear it

That would be sort of nerf to TT1 and HE1, as it would not be able to reliably remove various debuffs and hazzards.

Edit: More sophisticated version

rank 1 counter clearing rank 1 ability = 80%
rank 1 counter clearing rank 2 ability = 60%
rank 1 counter clearing rank 3 ability = 40%

rank 2 counter clearing rank 1 ability = 90%
rank 2 counter clearing rank 2 ability = 80%
rank 2 counter clearing rank 3 ability = 60%

rank 3 counter clearing rank 1 ability = 100%
rank 3 counter clearing rank 2 ability = 90%
rank 3 counter clearing rank 3 ability = 80%
I must say, I really don't like this idea. While I'm not against procs or crits, I really think debuff clearing shouldn't be up to chance. When I'm debuffed I don't want to hope that I'm being cleared, I want to know it.

But maybe that's just me.

.The Spanish Inquisition.
TSI -- Star Trek Online PvP Vidoes (Youtube) -- www.BabyEra.com
/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match.
Captain
# 15
08-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Sadly, it doesn't clear indigestion.
However, as an ex-smoker of 20-some years, I can speak for its teeth-whitening ability.
# 16
08-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumapp View Post
When I'm debuffed I don't want to hope that I'm being cleared, I want to know it.

But maybe that's just me.
Its not just you!

E.g I was in kerrat tanking some klinks in an intrepid, one of them was using Sub nuc on cd, so I made sure me sci team was always ready to use to clear it asap. I rely on abilities doing a job to make my builds not rng.

imho

Edit: dont get me wrong though, I still think haz em is a tad too good and might need a minor change.

Career Officer
# 17
08-02-2012, 07:19 AM
It'd be okay if HE did niothgin but clear hazards. But right now, it is also the best available hull heal...
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
It'd be okay if HE did niothgin but clear hazards. But right now, it is also the best available hull heal...
I might not agree with you on many things, but that might be the elephant in the room regarding haz em, it does do 2 jobs very well, for little cost, (haz em 1 is enough for debuffs and on full aux does a lot of healing)

How do you change that though? Separate it into boff skills? I personally think the sci skills set is already overcrowded so don't like the idea of that.

Captain
# 19
08-02-2012, 07:33 AM
I think HE's kit is fine (without aux the heal/resist is fairly lackluster for the CD), the main problem is that it clears too many things that it really shouldn't and pretty much everyone has a copy because the Borg proc is a mechanical duplicate (this actually makes me wonder if you can boost the Borg proc to be even sillier than it is by cranking up aux).

Things Hazard Emitters should clear:

Theta
Warp plasma
Plasma fires

Things Hazard Emitters should not clear:

99% of Sci powers (we have Sci Team for a reason)
75% of offensive Eng powers
Career Officer
# 20
08-02-2012, 07:40 AM
I don't want to read any more thank you! I gave up my beloved HE to shield tank. I miss it A left over ensign engy slot leaves me with an Engineering Team. And thats just not the same