Career Officer
# 171
07-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklinaar View Post
It's definitely from the time the assignment completes. There have been a few times where I picked up recruitment assignments, then didn't log in for more than four days, came back, turned them in, and started them again immediately.
Well, that's good then...

It would still be good if there were a visible cooldown timer, of course.

And it seems to me like you should really just be able to do the mission again immediately when it completes. I mean, why have to wait ANOTHER day to start it, when you've already waited like 2 days for the mission to complete? Why not just say flat out the mission TAKES 3 DAYS, and then when it's done it's immediately available to be restarted rather than having a hidden cooldown that's NOT part of the stated mission length when accepting the mission? Know what I mean? That is, the mission says it takes about 2 days, but really it takes 3 days including the cooldown. So, why not just make it be 3 days, flat out & immediately available again, or just get rid of the cooldown (2 days is already a long time to wait)...

Last edited by mgmirkin426; 07-19-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Career Officer
With the arrival of season six and the need to contibute duty officers to fleet projects, I am looking to get some more basic duty officers. I haven't seen a basic duty officer assignment in a long time, but I'm seeing bridge officer assignments aplenty.

What am I doing wrong here?

(I am a level 50 science officer.)

Thanks.
Empire Veteran
# 173
08-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldspyguy View Post
With the arrival of season six and the need to contibute duty officers to fleet projects, I am looking to get some more basic duty officers. I haven't seen a basic duty officer assignment in a long time, but I'm seeing bridge officer assignments aplenty.

What am I doing wrong here?

(I am a level 50 science officer.)

Thanks.
To get new doffs you must go to your Academy. For the federation side, go to Starfleet Academy. Right where the doff officer is, Lt Ferra in Starfleet Academy, there is a personnel officer who can give you the following assignments:

General Recruitment - which gives you a doff pack

Federation Junior Tactical Officer Cadre - which gives you usually 2 common tactical doffs

Federation Junior Engineering Officer Cadre - which gives you usually 2 common engineering doffs

Federation Junior Science Officer Cadre - which gives you usually 2 common science doffs

Federation Civil Corps Recruitment - which gives you usually 2 common civilian doffs

The general recruitment assignment takes 24 hours to complete, the others take 48 hours. Once they are completed there is a 24 cooldown before you can do them again.

For the Klingon side, go to the Klingon Academy and go to Lt S'stas and the personnel officer right next to him. There are similiar missions there that give you the same rewards.

Kirk: All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by
McCoy: Melville
Spock: John Masefield
McCoy: Are you sure about that?
Spock: I am well versed in the classics, Doctor
McCoy: Then how come you don't know Row Row Row Your Boat?
Career Officer
# 174
08-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker9172 View Post
To get new doffs you must go to your Academy. For the federation side, go to Starfleet Academy. Right where the doff officer is, Lt Ferra in Starfleet Academy, there is a personnel officer who can give you the following assignments:

General Recruitment - which gives you a doff pack

Federation Junior Tactical Officer Cadre - which gives you usually 2 common tactical doffs

Federation Junior Engineering Officer Cadre - which gives you usually 2 common engineering doffs

Federation Junior Science Officer Cadre - which gives you usually 2 common science doffs

Federation Civil Corps Recruitment - which gives you usually 2 common civilian doffs

The general recruitment assignment takes 24 hours to complete, the others take 48 hours. Once they are completed there is a 24 cooldown before you can do them again.

For the Klingon side, go to the Klingon Academy and go to Lt S'stas and the personnel officer right next to him. There are similiar missions there that give you the same rewards.
Thanks, I missed this change.
Lt. Commander
# 175 Purple Shield Distr. DOFF?
08-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Hello,

I havent been playing that long, but I am not sure how to obtain a Purple Shield Distr. DOFF for one of my Starbase Projects other than paying a bucket load of Energy Credits on the Exchange.

I started doing the Rolor Nebula Colonial DOFF chain, but can that unique doff be used for Starbase Projects?

I am doing refugee and doff exchanges where possible and grinding SFA, but that just feels total luck on getting what I need.

Any other suggestions in how to obtain?

Thanks!

Last edited by l0cutus359; 08-28-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Ensign
i currently have 3 completed assignments but i dont know how im suppose to collect on the reward and i was hoping i could get some help figuring that out, much thanks,
Captain
# 177
10-12-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matdman15 View Post
i currently have 3 completed assignments but i dont know how im suppose to collect on the reward and i was hoping i could get some help figuring that out, much thanks,
Depending on the assignment, do you have room for any items given out by them

Do you have room in your Doff roster if its a recruit assignment type (also check the passenger/prisoner sections if aplicable)

Do you have room in your inventory if the assignmnet gives out goodies

Any chance you could write down the names of the 3 assignmnent - might give a bit more of an insight
Lt. Commander
# 178
10-12-2012, 05:12 AM
1 post, he's new and he probably did first three assignments in this game.

Just go to the tab with finished assignments (under assignments "in progress") and doubleclick on each one you want to get a reward. Rewards are added automatically where they belong to, EC to your EC total, dil. ore to dil. ore total, skillpoints to skillpoints total, items to your inventory and doffs to doff roster.
Sometimes you won't take a reward quickly as you'll want to use it later (example, coils crit reward kept to collect during tour the universe event).

Pic says more than words, since I can't make one of my own currently, here's another one:
http://i.imgur.com/aETVf.png
You get rewards from the tab COMPLETED on the pic.

Last edited by joxertm2; 10-12-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Commander
# 179
10-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklinaar View Post
Real Life has finally graced me with a little less realness and a little more free time, so I've rewritten and updated this guide! I can't edit the original posts any more due to the web site conversion, but I've wanted to move the guide out of the forum anyway. The new, up to date guide can be viewed at the following link. Please feel free to continue to leave feedback and hold discussion in this thread, unless our moderators prefer otherwise.

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Eklinaar...ruitment_Guide
Thanks a lot for your work :-)
Lt. Commander
# 180
10-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
Thanks a lot for your work :-)
+1

Just to add a few notes.

On very rares - oddly they are not appearing with the same frequency. For example, in a window of 20 days I've seen (and did) Instigate Defection 4 times, but it took me all 20 days to find Investigate Temporal Anomaly thoroughly exploring all sectors (including nebulas) twice per day. So if you're searching a specific assignment, don't just give up and drop it.
For whatever reason, Strike Against Fugitive Network won't give blue Vorta on critical every time. Dunno why, but make sure you do this assignment as exchange prisoners with dominion has a big chance to return a purple.
Although it's written in the guide, a thing should be a bit clarified about refugees. By repeatable aftercolonization assignment, you'll get a refugee, often it'll be a human, vulcan or andorian. Make sure you visit a correspodent planet for Asylum assignment, although Asylums usually appear in the sector space, they are more frequent on homeworlds. For some species, Tellarite refugees however, you can't visit the homeworld for whatever design reasons so there's a less chance you'll find those Asylum assignments where you can't visit a homeworld.
Do not waste your time traveling all over the universe seeking specifically for sectorbased cultural exchange assignments, if you stumble upon one somewhere, do take it as it's rarer than it seems. For example it took me 20 days to see the first Ferengi cultural exchange.

Last edited by joxertm2; 10-12-2012 at 08:23 AM.